Pages

Monday, February 27, 2006

We do still exist!

I've been feeling guilty for over a month now, so it must be time to update the blog! Honestly though, after the excitement of the holidays there just wasn't a whole lot to document. I didn't take any pictures until Valentine's Day, and nothing even really happened in January. Ed was in San Antonio for most of it, and the girls and I laid low while he was gone. And it seems for most of February we've all laid low anyway since we've been sick off and on. So y'all haven't missed much.

But we do have a little bit of news. We are going on a vacation to Jamaica!!!! Ed surprised me about a year ago by saying he wanted to go on a nice vacation for our fifth anniversary (in August of 2005). To be honest, I didn't really believe him - we plan a lot, but with Ed's job things always seem to come up. But we did figure we might as well go to the Caribbean while we're in the east. I couldn't believe it when we booked the vacation for the end of March! The plan right now is to leave the girls with our neighbors, the Carsons (we were going to try to fly Ed's mom out, but we've had a really hard time finding plane tickets for under $450 - most are closer to $600 if you don't want to change planes three times! - so we'll pay the Carsons what we wanted to spend on a plane ticket), and Ed and I will be off for 4 relaxing days in Negril, Jamaica. We'll have to take lots of pictures to post on here!

Other than that there is pretty much nothing to report. Like I said earlier, we are all battling some fun illnesses. I've had a major head cold for almost 2 weeks now and am finally starting to get over it, just in time for the rest of the family to be miserable with it. Keira probably has it the worst right now - she coughs so hard she throws up, so I've got to run to the store for more medicine. Kimberlee keeps telling me she feels fine, but I think she just wants to go to school again tomorrow since she missed it last week. Ed somehow is still able to fly and function normally, even though he's probably pretty miserable. And I just have the lingering cough. Kimberlee and I went to church yesterday and all we heard during Sacrament meeting was all the coughing and sniffing going on around us. Most of my primary class was there, but 4 out of the 6 kids complained they weren't feeling well. There were only 3 kids in a nursery that normally has 12. Tis the season I guess.

Love you all! Sorry we dropped off the face of the earth for a while. I would say I'll do better, but who knows. :) Hope to hear from everyone!
Love, Ed and his girls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!!! But...I think sometime while we're in the south (probably after UPT) we are going to go on a cruise or something like that. Finally...the honeymoon I've been waiting 3 years for!!