Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Finally something to write about

It took us a little while, but we finally have something worth mentioning to everyone. It seems like the last couple of months have been full of waiting and anticipating for us, something I am not very good at. I have found the older I've gotten the less patient I have become - my parents might disagree, maybe I've always been this way.

Anyway, on to the news! For those who asked last time, I am due with our third baby Oct. 22nd. We had our 20-week ultrasound done this last Tuesday. I went in not really expecting anything. After KNOWING that Keira was a boy I was really wary of my "mother's intuition" with this pregnancy. The tech said the baby was breech and so when she finally got to see in between the baby's legs it was at a different angle than we've ever seen before. Ed could tell pretty easily what Kimberlee and Keira were, but this one he had a hard time with. I thought it was probably a girl and the tech said I was right - another girl! Ed wasn't convinced - he's happy with another girl, and with our current track record it's hard to imagine us having a boy, but things could certainly be hiding with the angle the tech showed us at. We're excited though - we have some more cute girl names (and yes, they do start with K - those are the ones we can agree on!), and we certainly have what we need for a girl.

After that exciting news it was time to hear more about our next assignment. We got a call from Ed's commander on Wednesday evening saying Ed has been granted an interview with the U-2 squadron! It's a 10-14 day interview, and he'll be going July 9-22nd. Ed just got a new commander (Col. Kisch) who has been instrumental in helping him get that interview - apparently they really like the guys with good personal recommendations, and Col. Kisch happens to have a buddy over in the U-2s. So by mid-July we should finally know where we're going next and when! In the meantime Ed will still receive another assignment in the regular "drop," just in case he doesn't get accepted to the U-2s, or decides the assignment isn't really for him. We should find out what that is sometime this next week, and it could be anywhere.

Other than that we're just trying to continue on with normal life. Ed is in Utah this weekend at the Hill AFB Air Show. His family was able to drive down to see him for a while, and the girls and I have been home trying not to be too jealous. We're all getting pretty homesick for family and the west.

Keira has spent her time being our little klutz. She has fallen down the stairs a couple times, is constantly tripping over her own feet, bonking her head, and running into things. This last week both girls put blankets over their heads and thought it was hilarious to run into each other. I knew that was just an accident waiting to happen so I yelled at them a couple times to stop. Keira was standing on the couch with her blanket and before I could pull it off of her she tried to fall down onto the couch, but her face landed on the side table instead. Yet again we wondered if she had broken her nose, but thankfully she only scraped up the side of it and gave herself a really nice black eye. We're hoping this is just a phase, and that she won't be so accident-prone for the rest of her life.

Kimberlee is our little Miss Smarty-Pants. A couple months ago she was singing a song from a Dora show and I told her she was singing the wrong word. When I listened to the song more closely though I realized she was right and I told her so. Yesterday she heard the word "Cowabunga" on TV (nobody make fun of my spelling please - I've never actually seen the word written down), and thought it was pretty funny, but she kept saying "Califunga." I corrected her a couple times, but she insisted that she was saying it right. After going back and forth for a while (I know, what a classy person to be arguing with a 4-year-old, especially about such a dumb word) I tried to end the whole thing by saying, "Despite what you think, Kimberlee, I still do know more than you." She instantly replied, "No you don't, you sang the wrong word for the Dora song." I couldn't believe she remembered the incident, much less connected it to the current situation. It makes me wonder what other mistakes and faults of mine she is storing up to use against me later.

And I spend my days growing another baby and constantly being frustrated and overjoyed by the girls. Yes, it is the life.

Well, I've bored you long enough. We miss and love everyone and are amazed you all still check out our blog. We'll let you know when we have more exciting news...or cute pictures.

Love, the Anderson clan

2 comments:

Music Mama said...

Congrats on girl number three! I love girls, and I'm very excited for you. Be sure and let us know when you find out where you are going to. I hate that limbo part of Air Force life. It drives me nuts, so I can relate to the impatient part. Put some pictures up next time! It's always good to hear from you. Love Andrea :)

Grandma and Bonka said...

Thank you MaryAnn for making this blog happen! We love you!! Kimmee and Keira are the cutest girls in the world!

Grandma and Grandpa A