Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Finally here

I know many of you have already heard, but we welcomed a new addition to the family this last week. We both kept predicting that she would come a couple days after my due date, just like the other two. Well this girl is obviously an idividual because nothing about this pregnancy or birth was like the first two.

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon, and when I left the hospital I was having contractions every 6-7 minutes. We had our ward trunk-or-treat that night, and since I wasn't in a lot of pain we decided to go ahead and go to it. Word quickly got around there that I was having contractions (and by that time they were every 3 1/2 minutes), and people kept trying to push me out the door to the hospital. But we stayed and the girls had a good time going to each car. Once we got home we put the girls to bed and our neighbor came over and we headed for the hospital. I was at 2 cm at my appointment earlier in the day, and when they checked me at the hospital I was at 3, so instead of sending me home they told me to go walk. Ed and I went to a store and my contractions started coming a lot harder. After about 2 hours we headed back to the hospital and when I got in the bed to be checked the contractions stopped. They told me I hadn't changed at all and sent me home. I got a good night's sleep and woke up thinking the baby would never come. I particularly didn't want to go to church the next day and have everyone asking questions and feeling sorry for me. Around noon on Saturday I started having some really painful contractions, but I just knew they weren't doing anything, so I didn't even bother timing them for a while. Around 4:00 Ed couldn't take it anymore and ordered me back to the hospital. Thankfully I was at a 5 and they kept me, and they couldn't take listening to me for long either because they got the anesthesioligist in there right away. I am so grateful for epidurals. Only a couple hours later I pushed for a few minutes and out popped Kimberlee's twin. She looks just like her! She was born Oct. 21st at 9:15 pm and weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 19.6" long. The pediatricians (and everyone in the room) were very impressed with her extremely loud cry, her strong legs and her ability to keep her eyes shut as tight as possible (it took 3 people to get the drops in her eyes). After a lot of deliberation we settled on the name we had chosen from the beginning: Krista Mae Anderson.

We came home on Monday evening and are slowly trying to figure out life with 3 kids. The girls can't get enough of Krista (for better or worse), and are happy daddy is taking the whole week off (Mommy is too). Krista has been calm and wonderful so far, and we're grateful everything went so well with her birth and first couple days home. Enjoy the pictures - there will be many more to come, I'm sure. Love to all!

No comments: