Pages

Monday, May 07, 2007

Welcome to our new home! Isn't it beautiful? My favorite part of it are the MANY little details that distinguish us from our neighbors' homes. Okay, seriously, we are just grateful that we have a place to call home again. It looks very similar to our house in Ohio on the inside, but has more closets, and is a 4-plex instead of a duplex. We have no fears about it being able to withstand a typhoon (the season starts in about 3 weeks). We live up on a large hill, which must mean we are the more wealthy of the base residents (we look down on everyone else). That also means there are less poisonous habu snakes up here. The walls are thick (but the windows are not) - our neighbors have yet to hear our piano. We are very slowly unpacking, and once the inside looks a little more decent I'll take pictures of our different rooms with all our base furniture (again, that looks nothing like everyone else's).


Our little backyard (on top of the hill is the neighbor's yard)

Views from our home. I think in one of these you can see the ocean, but certainly not very well.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your home looks exquisite! Glad you both have such a great sense of humor. I loved the video, and the background music... reminded me of the good ol' days at BYU but singing it, "kiss this, kiss this" instead. Anyway, love the blog!

Jody Carson said...

MaryAnn,

I couldn't get the video to work. I have no idea what I've been doing wrong....... -Jody