Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I am currently experiencing technical difficulties that are preventing me from doing much updating to the blog. However, I will give you a little teaser, and hopefully I'll be able to add more soon.

Ed returned from his mystery trip late Sunday night, which gave us 1 whole hour to see each other on our anniversary. Since we have been in the same place for only 3 out of our 7 anniversaries I am not complaining! So where was he? Thailand! He did some amazing things and got some amazing pictures that I promise to blog about later.

Since he had the next couple days off (post-mission crew rest) we took a family trip to the Okinawa Churaumi (Choo-rah-oo-mee) Aquarium. Every August thousands and thousands of tourists from the mainland come to Okinawa and I think we bumped into every single one of them at the aquarium. It was very uncomfortably packed. I have been very impressed with the Japanese people as a whole, but I discovered on Tuesday that not even a baby in a stroller or a 3-year-old that temporarily lets go of her father's hand will stop Japanese tourists from getting the perfect shot on their camera phone. They were not shy about elbowing their way to the front! But the aquarium itself is amazing and something we will definitely do again. Just not in August.

Ed left again on a short-notice mission. Any guesses as to where he is? The person who guesses the closest wins a free stay at Casa del Anderson in beautiful Okinawa!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Interesting picture. Kimmee is "daddy's girl." Krista is attached to mommy... and Kiera... well, she's 2 feet away from the family and "owns" the fish. Typical I'd say. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I noticed Kiera's distance from the family as well. She certainly is an independent little soul. Looking forward to more pics when you can get it to work.