Yesterday we joined the ranks of "parents of school-aged children." I don't know who was more excited - Kimberlee or me. There was only a slight hesitation at the door to her classroom, but a big hug later Kimberlee disappeared and apparently had a great time. In fact, the only tears shed yesterday were my own - from sheer pain - as I pushed my 45 pounds of children and 20 pounds of double stroller back up the hill to our home in the 90 degree HUMID Okinawan heat. I know it sounds silly, but it actually IS uphill both ways.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness, our little Kimmee is off to school! (She's always seemed school-aged to me... she's just so dang smart!)
I love that you put a clock showing Afghanistan time! What a cool memory that Kimmee can have, her first day of school was in Japan!
I love Kimmee's skirt and her back pack too! ;) You look really good MaryAnn! I know that Kimmee will do great in Kindergarten. She has been beyond ready for it.
OOoo, I like the new look of your blog. Very "voyager" like.... very nice.
LOVE the new layout!!
I love the new look! Its nice to change things up every once in awhile! I can't believe she's already in Kindergarten. It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant and still not telling people yet :) We miss you guys.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It always makes me feel like a rock star or something :) I can't believe in three weeks I'll be on your side of the world.... hope the humidity dies down a little....
Post a Comment