Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Details

I thought I was sparing you all the boring details, but apparently you don't like me to be cryptic! So here is what I didn't tell you...

Two weeks ago I had a severe pain in my back (#7), to the point where I was rolling around on the ground crying. So Ed took me to the ER - my first time as a patient, a momentous occasion(#10) - and on the way I started losing feeling in my fingers because I was hyperventilating (#8). After checking me in and getting me into a hospital gown and an IV, they sent me for a CAT scan. Sure enough, I had a kidney stone (#6). They pumped me full of fluids and sent me home with Vicodin and a cheerful "good luck."

In the meantime Ed had called Carmen, whose son is in Kimberlee's class, to pick her up from school. I filled out the emergency contact card right after we moved here and couldn't even remember who was on it. Carmen was not. The school had to call Angie to come get Kimmee (#9) - Carmen even watched Angie's kids while she was getting her. Then Kimmee went back to Carmen's until we picked her up. Carmen is now on our emergency contact card.

I have had a weird week. I slammed my head in a door (#5), bit my lip hard, ran over my toe with a shopping cart, and pinched my hand in Krista's car seat. Hence, #2.

On Sunday we had the Morgans over for dinner since they are moving back to the States this week. As we were waiting for dinner to finish cooking I started making dessert, an apple cherry tart. I was using an apple wedger, but the apple core wasn't coming out. So I reached under to pull it out and sliced open my pinkie finger. Ed was pretty sure I needed stitches, but I really didn't want to end the party by going to the ER. So McKay broke the Sabbath and went to the store for super glue while I sat on the couch trying to not pass out (#3). The super glue worked and all was well. (#4)

And hopefully #1 is self-explanatory. I really had no idea you were all interested in our crazy lives. I feel so loved. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, thank you ever-so for the details, and yes, we love you. I'll have to remember the super glue one for future stitching incidents.

Drew said...

It's okay to be accident prone every now and then. In fact, I have a huge gauze bandage on my finger from where I sliced it open with a "Saws All." It really does saw all, including a layer of skin and a fingernail. I have also had a kidney stone and I completely sympathize with you. It was humbling to have to call your Home Teacher to come over at 4 AM as you are sprawled out on the bathroom floor in nothing but your undies. Hope everything is going better now. Tell the Morgan's we said hello. Keep in touch.

Angela Draper said...

Wow! That was quite a week! Just think, it can only get better :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Didn't know you could fit that in all two weeks. I just saw you the other day. You look great for giving birth to a few stones. Never would of known.
Katherine

Nancy said...

I agree that superglue works. I was a little confused at the lack of stiches after my c-section. I asked my doctor where the stiches were and he said he just used superglue instead. Worked great! Who would have known. Hope this week goes much better.

Anonymous said...

Dude...super glue is my best friend. My mom's dermatologist told her about it for the pesky little splits/hangnails around your fingernails. After that I began using it on everything (mostly when my feet try to crack). It also weirdly numbs the area a little too. Sounds like we had similar weeks. I'll have to update my site so you'll know my story.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday to little Krista tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

It is great to get through these chalenging times so that we know how good it is when our "normal" days come back!