Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Kimberlee's Enchanted Week

This is posting weird - anyone have any tips on getting blogger to cooperate for you, because what I'm doing isn't working!


Kimberlee turned 6 on Tuesday! But instead of having a birth-"day" the lucky duck got to have a birth-"week"! Monday was her "school birthday." She wore her crown all day and I took cupcakes into her class (there were 27 Kindergarteners who were very happy to see "Kimmee's mom" as they called me). On her actual birthday Kimmee went on a field trip to the aquarium (one of her favorite places). After school she convinced her dad to take her bowling for the first time, and we had a very healthy dinner there. One of the presents she opened that night was the movie "Enchanted". We all have that movie memorized now - she has watched it over 10 times. It's a good thing she loves it so much because on Saturday we had an Enchanted party! There was a pinata and butterfly cakes and friends and food and presents. What more could any kid ask for? Apparently there is more - Kimmee is already planning her next birthday, and it promises to be bigger and better...now if she can only persuade mom to agree to her ideas.
As soon as her festivities were over we moved on to Easter. We'll save that for the next post.
But in closing, here is a sneak peek into some of Ed's favorite things. These were the 2 requests for his birthday. Sushi and cheesecake, anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed, you disturb me.....

What adorable butterfly cakes you made MaryAnn!

Jody Carson said...

Yuck to sushi but yum to cheesecake! I love your butterflies. They look Asian inspired.... :)

Nancy said...

That cheesecake looks so good. The Easter pictures were so cute too!! I see the blanket I made for you in the background of Ed's picture. I can't believe that thing is still intact! Pure luck.

Berly said...

Happy Birthday to Kimmie. Aren't the birthday weeks fun especially with the big celebrations at school.

Eric said...

I'd have to agree that cheesecake is the most delicious thing on the planet. Can't say I've tried sushi though (or that I have a desire to). I will say that it really looks like the two shouldn't be mixed. That's almost as bad as pineapple on pizza.