Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Another weekend excursion


Saturday was gorgeous. Not too hot, not too humid, a nice breeze, sunny and warm...admit it, you're all jealous. It wasn't quite beach weather, so we went to the Southeast Botanical Gardens. It cost 3000 yen for all of us to get in (about $30), but that included 2 free cups of yakitori (teriyaki chicken on a stick - mmm, mmm good), and over 3 hours of beauty, serenity and fascination.

The Jade Vine.

In the butterfly house. Pretty girls in a pretty place.




In many of the parks here you can feed koi. A nice Japanese lady gave the girls some food to feed them, and then we scavenged more off the ground. A feeding frenzy ensued.

In the middle of the gardens was a kid's play area. The Japanese seem to love their ziplines, and our girls can't get enough of them either.

Krista wanted to pet the goat. The first time she touched it was hilarious - sorry, I didn't catch that on film, but this is kind of similar.

There were also turtles, beetle displays, lilly pads, hammocks, palm trees, and millions and millions of flowers and plants, but we don't want this post to go on forever. Instead, you should all come out and see it for yourself. Come on, you know you want to!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

If only a flight to Japan were cheap! I'm now trying to convince Chad that when we have our own house he should build one of those ziplines. Looks like fun for hours.
It's so beautiful. I know you miss it here but it looks like you're in paradise.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you only have girls...a botanical garden?? I would have to drag my boys kicking a screaming to that place. Once they found the animals and the play area life would be better...but I know that from hubbie on down would think I was nuts for wanting to wander around and look at flowers!! Looks beautiful though, maybe I will take a solo vacation!! :-)

Cathryn said...

We are going there Friday for Andrew's school field trip; I love it there!

What a nifty vine. :)

Nancy said...

Can't wait to come visit. That zip line looks so fun!

Grandma and Bonka said...

Love to come and look at the flowers and gardens.

Jody Carson said...

I tried to leave a message on here yesterday and my computer wouldn't let me!!! -But any way, what a beautiful place! I loved the music that was playing in the background of the videos....... ;)

Liz said...

Those cacoons are amazing! I love the scenery pictures.

Sherrie Batty said...

Your invitation to come to Japan is too inviting. Someday! I think we missed our easy opportunity to go over there when it was just Garrett and I.