Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation...

...so far...(or, in other words, 2 weeks down, 8 more to go)...

Kimberlee: has been our busy little bee. She was in a summer culture class that she loved, coming home every day with special Japanese candy and millions of origami projects. Her teachers gave her a book of Little Red Riding Hood in Japanese and she has decided to copy every single Kanji character. She was also in swim lessons, which in her words was "the funnest thing ever!" She passed Level 1 with flying colors and is eagerly awaiting to hear if she will be participating in Session II. When she wasn't doing these fun things she spent every moment asking me when she could go back to these fun things.

Keira: has had a traumatic month of June. First her dance teacher went on vacation - for 5 whole weeks - leaving her without her special class. Then her Japanese preschool burnt down...well, the structure is still there, but everything else is gone. Thankfully it was after hours and no one was there. They moved to a tiny, vacant house for the time being, but it was a much farther drive and not as good of a situation, so I pulled her out. I signed her up for a new preschool on another base (American this time, with culture thrown in) which will start in the fall. With all of this Keira has been a little out-of-sorts, but has still had fun playing at her best friend's house during swim lessons and going to the commissary (grocery store) with Mom.

Krista: has decided that screaming doesn't always get her what she wants, so she's giving talking a try! Every day something new comes out of her mouth, and she has become quite the little copy cat. She loves to say her prayers and boss everyone around. And still finds time to scream. Especially if anyone touches her.

MaryAnn: I have spent the summer in my car, which actually is not much different than how I spent the school year. Except now it's hotter. I also spent the first week of summer vacation having a nervous breakdown. I babysat other people's kids every day that week. Didn't handle it well, I swore off babysitting...for a week. I'm good again, I'll watch your kids. And lastly, I have spent my time avoiding (i.e. forgetting) my camera, which is why there are no pictures to document any of this.

Ed: continues to do what he always does - work, fly, go on trips to exotic places without us, scuba dive, and put up with us. You know, the good life.

There! You are all caught up!

4 comments:

Jody Carson said...

Wow, that was pretty dramatic of Keira's school to burn down! Yikes! That's great that Kimmee has enjoyed swimming lessons. She IS quite the fish.......Yay for Krista deciding that talking is okay.

Anonymous said...

It's funny what is listed for you and the girls...which means for you. Then there is Ed. Short, sweet and to the point...but in some ways, more fun. The exotic places and scuba diving and all. It is so unfair. We do the REAL work and they do the playing. Hee Hee. I wouldn't trade it (most days).

Mary Peterson said...

I'm with you on spending most of my time in the car. We are always going somewhere. Good luck with the rest of your summer!

Boyd Family said...

Was that Little Angels that burned or did you have her in a different school? I really enjoy keeping tabs on you guys. We miss you!