Ed had a fabulous opportunity a week ago to finish up his advanced scuba certification with Kelley, our friend and resident diving instructor. To celebrate, he and the other men in our 4-plex went diving with some whale sharks. If you remember my aquarium post from Aug. 2007 (I know you all remember everything I've ever posted), there was a video of 2 whale sharks - they're huge! The ones Ed dove with weren't quite as large, but it was still super cool for him to swim with these massive creatures.
The first guy you see in the video is our neighbor, Randy, the guy you hear breathing is our other neighbor, Andre, and Ed is the one you see in most of the rest of the video.
A few other fun diving highlights (lion fish and, well, you should recognize the other one):


Ed is currently in the exotic state of Alabama at SOS (Squadron Officer School) for the next 5 weeks. While this isn't something he was greatly looking forward to, it does help him accomplish one big goal...this course gives him college credit...the last credit he needs...so when he finishes he will officially have his master's degree. It's been 2 years since he finished his last class, so this has been a long time coming - I think we're all thrilled that the finish line is in sight. Yay Ed!
16 comments:
That is soooooo cool, I'd love to dive with a whale shark! Oh yeah, and guess what? Tim just got put in SOS from June to July, can't you just hear my excitement?
Woah, that was a cool video.
That video makes me want to learn to scuba dive. Way cool.
Cool video!
I'm so glad that James is through with SOS. I went with him last year in August. That was my first experience in the south. It was hot and humid! UGH! Congrats on the master's degree!
That's a great video clip. Your husband is absolutely crazy. I'd be scared it would have me for lunch. It's fun to see someone else do it though. :)
That video was SO crazy!!! The kids made me play it 4 times in a row. That must have been so fun for Ed to see and do. Yay on the Masters and to SOS. I know that SOS is annoying to have to go and do (for both Ed and for you.....) but it can't be helped. It's just the way of the Air Force. My neighbor Kelly told me about the year long in residency program that you should do when you are a Major. Of course it's back in glorious Alabama, but I don't know how I feel about being away from Tom for a whole year. I guess, Alabama here we come??? Ug.
It looks like a lot of fun. I think I'd be too scared though. Yeah on the Master's, boo on SOS. We have a friend that got called Thurs at 4:30 and told to get ready to leave that night for SOS. Crazy Air Force. T is just starting the fun process of starting a master's. Yeah for more single mom time. Yippee!
That is pretty cool Ed...and congrats on the degree. That's a great accomplishment to add to all the others.
WOW!!!! I so want to do that. Jay and I are hopefully getting certified beginning of next year, but we'll see. Tell Ed congrats on his masters. Let me know if you need anything or just want to hang out.
luvs
Kara
Nice diving!
Congrats on the Masters, and hey, Alabama isn't that bad ;)
I remember being fascinated by whale sharks. I look at the video and think that would be awesome to swim with them, but then I remember all my other experiences looking into the ocean from docks, and the totally creeped-out feeling I get when I do, and I wonder if I would ever do it if I had the chance.
The world feels different when you're done with school. But I keep getting the uncomfortable feeling that I've got a paper due . . . somewhere.
Great video! And yay for Ed with earning his masters...huge accomplishment!
Whoa! Way cool video! Where did Ed go to get that close to whale sharks?
I feel for Ed. Doug did not enjoy SOS. But it's always nice to get things like that overwith. You guys get to see and do the coolest stuff in Japan! I love checking out your blog!
That is amazing. I never knew Japan could be so fun.
Crazy stuff! Hey I am looking for an address for the Carsons, can't remember if I asked you already, could you email it on to me, ASAP please. Christmas Cards are going out this week! Thanks! Miss ya'll!
Post a Comment