Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Alright, give me a break, I'm back.

Before I begin, thank you so much for all the beautiful Christmas cards! We loved reading about everyone's 2008 and seeing how much everyone has grown. Every card I got made me feel guiltier for not sending any out this year. Next year, I promise.

Nancy has posted her last Okinawa post, which I suppose is my cue to jump back on the blogging bandwagon. Thanks Nancy, I know you weren't thrilled I let you do all the work, but I'm grateful you let me be lazy for just a little while longer. :)

Since many of you saw the pictures on Nancy's blog (and since we have over 200 pictures from the couple weeks everyone was in town), I will just give you a few highlights from the Anderson family Christmas vacation.

These are the key players: Ed's parents, Bonka and Grandma came to us from Boise, Idaho, and Ed's sister Nancy, and her son Jaron, made the trip from Italy. We know Nancy's husband Aaron would have loved to come too, and we missed him. This is at the Churaumi Aquarium, as is the picture from the last post. Gotta love this place.

My favorite day of all was probably Christmas Eve.

The beach, "gingerbread" houses, and Ed's magnificent shish kabobs. Need I say more?Adorable Christmas kids. I only just noticed they are holding hands. Oh, this picture makes me happy.One day all the adults and Keira went to the Botanical Gardens.Another day was Shuri Castle.And yet another day was Neo Park.A Christmas miracle occurred the day we went to Cocok's. It was the last day they were going to be open while everyone was here and they only had 1 appointment available, not the 3 that we needed. So we sat down to wait while Nancy had her pedicure and 2 people didn't show up for their appointments - pedicures for everyone!

We also went to the zoo, Monakids Jungle, Kitakaisen, had a birthday party for Jaron, 100 yen shopping, toured Ed's squadron and plane, had a New Year's Eve party, watched movies, and played, played, played.

Of course, my absolute favorite part of having family here for Christmas was having family here! My sweet mother-in-law did the dishes every single day she was here. Nancy played countless games of Uno with the girls (as did everyone else), and let Keira practice her hair salon skills on her. Bonka played hide-and-seek and took the kids to the park and kept everyone entertained. I had constant adult conversation! I was far too spoiled, and the day everyone left was far too quiet. We loved having everyone here - thanks for making the trip guys!

6 comments:

rylissite said...

Yay you're back! hee hee hee. Don't feel too bad, I didn't do Christmas cards this year either, and I'm not pregnant, and I didn't have family in town! :)

Nancy said...

We had so much fun! Jaron was calling the little girls at church, "Krista" yesterday. I was sad to have to correct him with the right names. Everyday he talks about airplanes and "Oki-la-la."

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas. Totally jealous that you had family come to visit. Did you have to bribe them? Just kidding. Hope you're doing great.
luvs
Kara

TNIRYAN said...

Good to know the lack of a Christmas card in my mailbox was due to them not being sent at all, rather than a deliberate exclusion of myself. 'Cuz then you know I would have to rain fury down upon you. But since you excluded everyone, and since you're pregnant, I will let it slide this time.

Mindy said...

yet again: Your girls are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had fun. I hope that you have finally gotten our Christmas letter since we sent it late and I know the mail can be slow. If not, it's coming. The girls do look absolutely cute. I'm glad you were able to have so much fun with family. Loves.