Pages

Monday, July 06, 2009

16 weeks

Exactly 6 months ago today I delivered a tiny, perfectly-formed baby boy. I was 17 1/2 weeks along, but had gone in for my "16-week" appointment that day only to find out my baby didn't have a heartbeat.

This morning I sent Ed off on a 3-week TDY to Australia. Then I left the girls with Angie and headed back to the hospital for another 16-week appointment. To say I was nervous would be quite the understatement - I'll admit I have crossed straight over into paranoid and crazy at times during this pregnancy. I have a wonderful midwife, the same one who helped me through the miscarriage. She has scheduled me for ultrasounds at 16 weeks, 17 weeks and 18 weeks, and finally, assuming all goes well, the big one at 20 weeks as normal. Here is what we found today:
  • a head measuring 16 weeks and 2 days
  • 2 little hands covering 2 eyes
  • a face that stared up at us, calm as could be
  • and the best sound ever... a fast little heartbeat

:)

21 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news. We'll keep up the prayers and the temple prayer rolls for you.

Berly said...

YAY!! Glad to hear the happy news.

Cathryn said...

I am so happy for you that it was a great appointment. I am thrilled with the news of your new addition!

LA Law said...

WONDERFUL News!

The Aguilars' said...

I am so happy for you. Can't wait to find out what it is though.

Heather said...

Maryann I am so happy your appointment went well! I will pray things continue that way. If you need anything let me know!

Cynthia Allen said...

Amazing how a little super speed heartbeat can bring such happiness and peace. I'm glad everything went well. I'll continue to pray for you. I can't wait to find out what you are having. I love you.

Kellie said...

Congratulations! Hope everything goes very smoothly this time.

Nancy said...

Yay! I'm so happy all is well. Love you guys.

Tammi said...

Glad to hear everything is going great! Keep us posted!! It was great seeing you guys at the wedding!!

Boyd Family said...

YaY!! We are so excited for you guys. You are definitely in our prayers. We can't wait to find out what your little Christmas surprise will be!

Shaulan said...

What a relief! We're so happy for you! You are a trooper! We miss you!

Lu said...

way happy for you guys! YAY!

Michelle Ross said...

congrats!

Sherrie Batty said...

Congratulations... wish you the best.

Jay and Kara Barney said...

That is wonderful news. I'm so glad that they are doing ultrasounds each week. At least for peace of mind.

Angela Draper said...

I'm so glad the baby is doing so well! We wish you only the best.

bigskygirl said...

Congratulations! I love how you broke the news...very creative.

Mary Peterson said...

Congrats! I'm glad that all is going well. It was fun hanging out in Utah.

Kaelee said...

I'm just catching up, I do that a lot because I don't stay caught up well. Looks like you had an awesome time in the states, I can't wait for TARGET!! And also, yay for the baby!

Anonymous said...

This post made me tear up. So sweet and so reassuring. Love you!