I promised this post, so I better get to it. We moved to a new house recently! When we moved into our last place, housing warned us that we may be asked to move again for renovations, but they weren't sure when that was going to take place. We waited and waited (and watched all the people on our street get moved), and I had finally decided they were going to keep us in that house until we PCSd (sorry, military term, Permanent Change of Station). But the notice finally came. Ed got back from Australia on a Sunday, he met with TMO (um, really can't remember what this one stands for, how silly of me...they arrange your move) on Monday, and we were moving on Thursday and Friday of that same week. Thankfully they moved us just up the street, which means the girls stay in their same school, and we get to stay in our branch. And since the house is exactly the same, just renovated, the move was almost effortless. Wish they could all be that way.
So, now, for your viewing pleasure (and I imagine complete boredom for most of you), I present the "Old House" and the "New House" (as our kids have so creatively dubbed them). Please don't judge me too harshly for our government furniture (our furniture is in storage in the states), and lack of decorating skills. If I wasn't going to be moving again in a year, I might actually try to make it look nice. But, as it is...
If you remember, this is the old house (this picture was taken right after we moved in - 2007):
Old playroom:
Cons of the renovated house:
- smaller pantry
- no coat closet
- industrial carpet
Pros of the renovated house:
- kitchen
- bathrooms
- separate dining room
- everything else!
It's nice, we're loving it, and hopefully we'll get all the pictures hung before we move out of it next year.
9 comments:
It looks so nice. That must have been nice moving into the same kind of house, all you have to do is put everything back where it goes. That's been one of the hardest things for me...where to put stuff in just the right spot. It's so hard. (for me anyway). Please post some belly pictures soon!
Thank you. I can see that it is very much the same but new and improved. Glad you could unpack quickly because things could go back in the same places.
Moving is such a pain. Glad it went well. Thanks for the post of the playroom. It is nice to see a "real playroom" :)
I loved the last picture! Good to see that you are normal. :)
No one likes moving, but it's so nice that all your stuff could basically go in the same spot. How convenient.
How fun! I love the new house - although I love the old house too. Both are in Japan, so I just love it :)
I'm glad it was a smooth move, and that's awesome that you got a completely renovated house- you have the best floor plan (at least in my opinon of the choices at Kadena). May your next move be just as easy-- TO SPOKANE! You really need to follow us here!
Love the toy room. Seriously, that is what both my boys rooms look like 95% of the time. Love the new house. So glad you guys got to stay in the Branch. I love your haircut, btw, I didn't get a chance to tell you on SUnday!
How nice that you got one of the new places. It looks a lot better and it looks like much better lighting. Oh and contrary to Shaulan, I think you should move to NC! :)
I like your new house! Although it does look pretty much the same BUT it is new and that must be so nice. Oh and our playroom looks just the same - I think everyones does!
Post a Comment