Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

School Days

I know y'all have been back at school for a little while now, but we're finally there too! Kimberlee started 2nd grade this morning. She was up at 6:30, dressed and ready to go (we don't leave until 8:30), and super excited.


The closer we got to leaving, the quieter Kimmee got. She was so nervous! But we had a long talk about how almost her entire class will be the same (she is still in the Japanese Partial Immersion program and a lot of the kids moved up with her), and her new teacher seems really, really nice.
At this point she started to look a little sick. But as nervous as she was, she was extremely brave - a quick hug and kiss and she told me I could go.

Keira's teacher came for a home visit today, and Kindergarten starts next week. Happy days!!!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Way to be on top of the blogging!! Kimmee looks so adorable! I think I cried on my first day of 2nd grade. I like your hair & Keira's too. You guys are all so dang cute!

The Schooley's said...

How cute is she?? Love that she was ready at 6:30!! Too cute. What are you going to do when Keira is in school?? Grin.

Allen Family said...

The girls look so cute. I love that Kimmee was so excited. Believe me...it will be wonderful when there is just the one. It's been great. I can go get things done a lot easier with just one to drag along with me.

Boyd Family said...

I LOVE the picture of her sitting in her seat. What a doll. Why don't you guys come up here so we can get her and Joseph together to play some more. Hope the first day went well and hopefully Ed will make it back to you soon.
Have you come up with your K name yet? Ed said you guys were still trying to decide.

Grandma and Bonka said...

Beautiful girls. Hope we all have a great school year.

Mindy said...

Isn't it fun that they get up so by themselves to get ready for school because they are so excited?! I love the picture of your girls all together.

rachel garber said...

If you ever do find that decent air force fella, send him my way!