Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Princess Krista

I have a LONG, LONG post about what we've been doing the last month or so, but it is sitting in my drafts waiting for pictures that are on the camera that Ed has several hundred miles away. But I couldn't let today go by without recognizing my baby's birthday. More to come, I promise.

3 years ago today I was in a lot of pain, and completely frustrated with being pregnant. All I wanted was to get this baby out of me, so I could move on and get ready for our quickly upcoming move to another country. I remember calling and complaining to my mom. I remember talking to my wonderful friend Jody and crying to her. And I remember that in the midst of those tears Ed found me and ordered me to the hospital. A couple hours later, our sweet 3rd girl made her grand appearance, and I forgot all my moving concerns and all the pain, and fell in love. Krista Mae was such a beautiful newborn.

And she is still gorgeous today!

I have to admit, 3 is not my favorite age, but this girl is so darn cute she just may live through this next year. Krista is my homebody - she would rather be cuddled up in a blanket on the couch, reading her books or watching Dora, and eating a fruitsnack, than doing anything else. She is a collector - she wants stacks and piles of things, rather than just one or two (usually books). She is proud of being a big girl, but will still let me cuddle with her and give her lots of loves. She is very excited about "the new baby" and likes to pat my tummy and ask me if the baby is sleeping, or tell me all the things she thinks will happen when the baby is born ("When the baby comes out, I will dance!"). I will catch her eye, and she will give me the biggest, cheesiest grin. She's my little buddy, and we sure love this girl. Happy birthday Krista Mae!

4 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

Happy, happy birthday Krista!!

Anonymous said...

It's so sad. I've met her once and that was only for a second.
Amy

Allen Family said...

Happy Birthday Krista. And she is so darn cute. I think they come that way so we will not kill them. Then when they start going through their ugly (pre-teen phase) we've grown too attached. Such is life. Hope all is going well with K.....(#4).

Shaulan said...

Happy Birthday, Krista! I just don't know how it's possible that you are THREE! You were so little when we left-- now look at you! You'll be a great big sister!