Dec. 23rd (my due date) I went in for an appointment, and my midwife yet again said everything was ready to go - she was a little surprised that I hadn't gone into labor yet. We both figured that after she stripped my membranes I would be back (it's worked every time before), but just in case it didn't she told me I could be induced on Christmas Eve. I left having some good contractions, but they stopped a couple hours later. So bright and early on Dec. 24th we headed to the hospital. They got me started on pitocin right away, and it seemed everyone was convinced everything would be over and done by 3:00, and I could go home on Christmas.
Sadly, 12 hours later I was still in labor, and my epidural was starting to wear off. After crying wolf several times I convinced them to check me again, and her head was finally "right there." She came out on the first push with her hand by her face, and the cord wrapped around her neck twice. She squawked once or twice, and then spent the next several hours with her eyes wide open, taking everything in.
The first thing everyone said was how much she looked just like Krista. She has dimples in both cheeks and lots of dark hair and the longest fingers and toes I've ever seen. After several hours though, her face completely changed, and now she's the spitting image of Keira.
Her middle name is after my grandma, and after a little debate it was easy to see she was a Kassandra. Our little Kassie Jo.
With her being born so late, I had to spend all of Christmas in the hospital (I came home the 26th). Ed brought the older girls to visit twice, and they were extremely thrilled with their new sister.
23 comments:
She's so cute!! I hope she stays calm and peaceful for you her whole life.
Congratulations! What a wonderful Christmas gift! She's beautiful!
Sounds like my number 4...you'll hold her a lot I'm sure, the house will be messier than ever, and she will be spoiled...but that's okay because like you said, she'll be 3 before you can blink. Good luck!!!!
She totally looked like Krista. But the later pics look more like Keira. She is beautiful. I hope she stays a calm child for you. Congrats again.
Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! What a little cutie! I hope you are doing well!!
Erin
She's soooooo beautiful! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy her sweetness!
Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing well!
Congratulations! I'm so happy she and you are healthy. She's so pretty. :)
She is gorgeous! Love all that dark hair! Long fingers. . . another piano player in the fam?
What a beautiful baby girl!!! Kassie is a cute name. Congratulations to you guys. We are so happy for guys! Have fun raising that sweet girl.
Thank you for the wonderful blog. I love to see the pictures. What a precious family.
Yay! She is so cute and with so much hair! How fun. Hope you continue to adjust to the new life!
And, Merry Christmas!
What an angel. She is so sweet. I can't wait to get over there to see her some time. Congratulations, you guys did very well.
Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you! Hold her as much as you can- you're right-- they grow up too fast!
Her eyes are open wide! Now she can see all the excitement and how fun girls can be. Glad your doing well. Enjoy the snuggle time.
You guys always have the prettiest babies. Even on te first day she was born she looked perfect, like a doll! I love see pictures of your girls they are all beautiful!!!
All the girls are beautiful and so proud of being big sisters! I can't believe how Kassie looks so alert already...she is just precious! I hope you are recovering well and Ed will get to stick around a little ;)
Congratulations! What a perfect Christmas gift! She is beautiful, and I'm glad you are both doing well. Enjoy her. I have had a wonderful time with number four--I've really been able to savor the experience. I attribute that to being completely used to chaos by now. xoxo Good work!
Congratulations! She sure looks like an Anderson girl :) What a beauty!
She is beautiful. Wish we could be there to hold her and help you out. Now you have 4 beautiful and amazing girls - you are so spoiled! (Having 7 is fun too!)Hope you are doing ok.
Congratulations! I saw your news on Nancy's blog and had to come over for details--she's beautiful and it's amazing how long she stayed awake that first day!
Ah, welcome to the world of "everything's ready, so I can't believe you're not in labor yet!" I walked into the hospital with my last three dilated to 6-plus with no contractions to speak of, and very ready for the scheduled inducement to take place. With Tim 40 minutes away, I guess it's good that they were all scheduled.
She's tiny! Care to send some of those delicate little princess girls my way. Actually maybe I should do a trial run first. Can you come visit and let me hold her for a while to see if I like the fit?
Oh my, I love her hair. We are jealous, we have bald babies. I for one am excited that there is yet another Anderson girl because they're so dang cute!
Post a Comment