Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Random pictures from our random week

I hadn't been able to get a picture of Kassie smiling yet - she will not smile at the camera - so I had to be sneaky about this one. I caught her having a conversation with the cat on her swing.
There was even giggling involved - they must have been telling jokes.
This one got called a "spitfire" the other day. My first thought was "NOOOOO! I never wanted one of those!" But it's true. She is one. But we still love her.
And, oh, my poor, poor Kimberlee. I think this picture was taken Monday evening, so obviously the swelling did not get better after Sunday. In fact, it spread to the other side of her face as well.
We couldn't get her in to see a doctor on Monday, so Ed took her to a nurse practitioner (anyone want to talk about government-run healthcare? I could give you an earful...) who had no clue what was wrong. She sent her away with Claritin and told Ed to bring her back if it got worse. I was ready to let her take the week off of school, but my brave girl wanted to go. It seemed to just stay the same for the past couple days, but yesterday evening the swelling finally went down, and this morning she almost looked back to normal. Has anyone seen anything like this before? She didn't touch anything or eat anything out of the ordinary, there were no signs of bug bites, and it's driving me nuts that we don't know why.
Hmmm, I don't currently have a picture of Keira. Hopefully I will remedy that this afternoon at gymnastics. We've had our good friend Doug here on TDY the past several days and have had a good time going out to eat and playing Rock Band with him. Now Ed is in Hawaii (I think?) on a med-evac mission, and the big question is whether he'll be back before his birthday on Sunday. And I finally finished more quilt squares - we exchange them next week, so there will be a forthcoming post about that.
There you go, our week in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

Poor Kimmee. I don't know what to tell you. I would have thought she touched or ate something. I hope you can figure it out so you don't have to deal with it again.

Jamie Lamb said...

Bennett had his face swell up randomly like that before. We never found out why, either. His doctor wasn't worried, even though it happened over and over. It hasn't happened in about a year though. If I remember right, it happened to his fingers sometimes too...? It was usually worse in the morning.

Anyways, I hope it ends for her soon! No fun for a cute little girl!

The Schooley's said...

I love all your girls. Makes me want one of my own! Sooo not gonna happen, but it still makes me want one!