Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Ie-jima Yuri Matsuri

Earlier this month we spent a Saturday at the Ie Island Lily Festival.
Ie was a 30-minute ferry ride away - just enough time for the girls to enjoy being on a boat.
Pretty Kimmee waiting to disembark.
And we're off!
I included this picture because of the man wearing the mask - a very common sight in Japan.

Our lovelies.

Me, contemplating a way to cool down. And wondering if I had done my hair before we left. Nope, I hadn't.
We stopped to rest for a moment, and apparently "rest" to the girls means kick-overs.
While we loved the fields of white lilies, and the smell they gave off was heavenly, I think all of us really liked the small section of lilies that were other colors.


These ones were my favorite.
We can't forget Kassie, who enjoyed herself as well:

7 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

Wow, what beautiful girls and flowers! I bet the smell was heavenly.

LA Law said...

Beautiful pictures! What a great day!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful place!! I love your camera... it makes the pictures so purrdy!

Law Family said...

Oh wow! I wish I could smell them! They are beautiful! And your little girls are absolutely DARLING!!

The Schooley's said...

Those were beautiful! I think I will make the Fam go next year! LOVE the picutres!!

Allen Family said...

Wow they were so beautiful...the flowers and the girls. Kassie is getting so big and just so cute.

Shaulan said...

What great pictures! Yet another great adventure that we didn't get done when we were there- it's official- we need to come back and do it again! Thanks for sharing!