Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leotards and medals

Saturday was the girls' gymnastics meet. Keira started gymnastics in January, and got to choose one Level 1 routine to perform for this meet. There were no judges, and a ton of level 1 girls, and since Keira chose to do her floor routine, she ended up doing it at the same time as 4 other girls. It was nothing like Kimberlee's level 1 meet from last year, but Keira worked hard anyway, and enjoyed showing off her skills.

Sorry it's so shaky - I was rocking Kassie and fighting with Krista.

Keira with her participation medal. She has now moved up to Firecrackers (Level 2/3) with Kimberlee and is picking up all her new moves really quickly.

Kimberlee's Level 2/3 meet was much more normal, complete with judges, all 4 routines, and medalists.

Her beam routine:

Her vault:

Her floor routine:

Her bars routine:

I sadly don't have any good pictures of Kimberlee getting her medals - 3rd on bars, 3rd on floor, and 5th overall for "younger" Level 2s - but she sure was beaming. I love watching these girls in gymnastics!

6 comments:

Allen Family said...

I love it all. It looks like the girls are having so much fun.

Grandma and Bonka said...

Oh sooo cute. I love Kimmee's back walkover!. Both girls are so talented.

Lu said...

So fun to watch! They did great:]

Law Family said...

Looks like you might have a future olympian there!! Cute!

Dahle Family said...

They did such a great job. Wish I could have seen them.

Music Mama said...

How cute! They did great! I need to get my girls into something like that...