Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

4th of July

Yep, I'm a little behind.

Ed had 4 whole days off the 4th of July weekend (a miracle!) and so we took advantage of our time together. We spent Saturday at the beach with friends all day, and Sunday night we parked ourselves in a grassy field on base to watch the fireworks. I don't have pictures of either of these events (lucky you). On Monday we decided to have an adventure. We drove up to Hedo Point, the northern-most tip of the island.
We'd been there before, but it was always windy and pouring rain. This day was sweltering instead.

The little park has cliffs, pavilions, shrines, monuments, and...
...chickens. We don't pretend to understand. We just love this place.

This bird is on a mountain quite far away. It's huge. Again, we don't know why.

After grabbing some ice cream and drinks at Hedo, we took off again. Ed had seen a beach from the air while flying around the island and wanted to see if he could find it.
And find it we did. Well, I don't know if it's the same beach, but it was secluded and easy to get to, so we stopped to enjoy it.
Ed promptly took off on a snorkeling excursion.

The girls ran to the ocean and I kept hearing Kimmee talk about how clear the water was and how happy she was that she didn't have to wear her water shoes.
Kassie and I found a little shade near the bushes and hung out.
She was rockin' her first ponytail. Too bad I didn't get that in the picture.
On the way home we stopped at Okuma to eat. All in all a happy day for everyone!

2 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

That water looks so great. I bet they had fun swimming.

Angela Draper said...

We never did make it up to Hedo point. Too bad. It looks beautiful. Enjoy Okinawa for me!