Pages

Friday, October 01, 2010

Don't try this at home

Last night we had to say goodbye to our dear friends, the Stokes (sniff, tear), who are moving. We were out for several hours, and unbeknownst to me, an experiment was being conducted in our home by one of the little persons who lives here.

What happens when you leave a blanket (or in this case, a "lovey") like this...
...on top of a hot lightbulb in a lamp like this...
...for several hours? Um, this:


We're lucky we had a house to come home to.

Goodbye lovey.

Goodbye lamp.

Goodbye Stokes. (We love you guys!)

6 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

Oh no. Who would have thought. Glad Heavenly Father was watching over your family and answering our prayers for you each day.

Music Mama said...

I'm glad you had a house to come home to, too! Sorry you had to say goodbye to friends :(

Angela Draper said...

Poor lovey! I am so glad that your house was not in flames when you got home. But so sad that you had to say goodbye to the Stokes.

The Schooley's said...

YIkes!!! Tanner did the same thing with a Cabbage Patch doll at our friends house. The lamp looks really cool though!!

Jen said...

AARRRGGhh scary. I hope your Fire Department is well trained just in case. :)

lori parkhurst said...

I am so glad you are all okay. That is a close call!