We pulled into Boise late on Christmas Eve and the next morning the fun began.
Krista needed special help from Grandma, while Kassie (who didn't want much to do with anyone over Thanksgiving) got comfortable with Grandpa.

And Aunt Lora.

And Grandma.

Okay, everybody!

And I even got to have Christmas dinner with my grandparents.
Then it was back to the Andersons where Grandma threw a snowman birthday party for Kassie.
We also had a New Year's party.
Lots of good food, some games, and the girls in bed by 8:00 - perfect!
New Years Day it was back in the car again for the drive home. In November Boise to Little Rock took us 4 days. On the drive back to Boise we did it in 3. On the way home we cut it down to 2 (really long) days. Something magical happened those 2 days - I don't think the girls asked to go to the bathroom even once. There was minimal fighting, and at 8:00 on the second day they got into their pajamas and went to sleep. It was a miracle. Maybe we can be roadtrippers after all.
1 comment:
So fun to read all the new posts! I'm so glad you guys are getting settled in. Your girls are beautiful!
I think it's great that you went to such effort to be around family for the holidays. Your girls will become excellent road trippers and learn to love it. Yay for being back in the States!
Post a Comment