Do you ever have those moments when things are just
good? Welcome to our Friday evening.


This would be our backyard fire pit. The man of the family proved he was indeed a man and made fire, then proceeded to roast hot dogs and marshmallows for us.

The girls got dirty and smoky and ate and ate and ate. We will definitely be doing more of this.

Weird, random fact: did you know citizens of Arkansas are not called ArkanSAWNs, but ArKANsehns? I didn't either, until the older girls came home from school saying it. Another fact: every morning at school Kimberlee and Keira say the Pledge of Allegiance and then are asked "What are the 3 most important things in life?" They were taught to answer, "Faith, family and honor." How cool is that?
You know, we got a lot of "I'm sorry"s when we told people we were moving to Arkansas, but I have to say, we kind of like it here. It's beautiful, for one. For another, people are not afraid to talk about God. It's refreshing. The local businessmen advertise their membership in the local church, as if to say "See, you can trust us." I think we'll be okay here.
Maybe we're just rednecks at heart.
8 comments:
We built a fire, cooked hot dogs, and roasted marshmallows too. We just had to do it inside because the snow is melting. Looks like you are having great weather there. Glad to hear you are adjusting to Arkansas!
LOL! You don't seem "the redneck" type to me! It sounds kinda like Texas to me. People here are definitely not afraid to talk about religion. Your backyard looks awesome!
That is a great backyard too! It sounds like you will be in a fun place for a while. Mike served his mission there and he loved it. Of course, he is a redneck:)
It's the same way in Oklahoma...we love it!
Love the backyard. And, I love the south and Arkansas is true south. It is refreshing to see people not afraid to believe in something. About a week ago, Kaylee had the spelling word ,"Christ." I was so impressed with the school. Who knew?!
Cool backyard! That looks so fun! I have only been to Arkansas a handful of times, but I LOVE it there. Beautiful country, nice people. I'm glad you guys are liking it too.
I'd be eating a lot of smores and hotdogs too. Yummy!
The religion thing is a Southern thing. I can't tell you how many friends are constantly throwing out little bits of religious insights. They are definitely not afraid to talk about religion. I could learn a little from them...but I think I refrain from not wanting to sound like I am pushing my religion on them. Anyways...glad to see you remember your redneck roots. (T definitely says that we are hicks from Kuna)...Hick...redneck...pretty much the same, right?
Post a Comment