Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

My apologies

I'm sorry. I'm the world's worst blogger right now. I don't know if you've noticed a pattern, but those first few weeks (or 18 weeks in this case) of pregnancy don't leave me much motivation or energy for blogging. At the risk of jinxing myself, I will say I am finally feeling (mostly) better. Here's to being a better blogger in the future.

We've celebrated a few holidays and other random moments that must be documented:The witch, Asian girl, black cat, and pumpkin are still working through the loads of Halloween candy they scored that night. I was so grateful Ed was home for Halloween (after missing the last several years) so he could take them out trick-or-treating while I laid on the couch and wanted to die. Dramatic? Yes. Lies? No.Ed took a short trip to Nashville for the annual ATA convention. Being so close, they were able to drive instead of fly. I was thrilled about that since the C-130 tends to break...a lot. I was not thrilled the evening Ed was supposed to return when he called and said those dreaded but familiar words, "We broke." His commander's car died not too far from where they started from. Thankfully another car from the squadron was about an hour behind them and Ed was able to hitch a ride back with them. I'm pretty sure this plane/squadron/base is cursed. Or maybe it's Ed???The Monday before Thanksgiving Keira had "activity" for Family Home Evening. We made thankful turkeys. I'm thankful for these 4 cutie pies. And especially my sweetie taking the picture.

Our Thanksgiving was spent in Columbus, Mississippi with the Otises and (most of the) Allens. No pictures, but I'm also thankful for dear friends who can remain so over the distances.Kassie's latest hobby. Pretty sure the picture speaks for itself, except you can't see her pure joy when the shock value she is going for is a complete success.We decorated for Christmas. Like my 16-week belly? The best part of this picture for me is something you can't see. I've been a little bit of a grinch, so to help me get in the Christmas mood Ed downloaded lots of Mannheim Steamroller, Bing Crosby, Michael Buble, and Josh Groban for me to listen to while decorating and such. It definitely helped. What can I say? He loves me.We attended our squadron kids and adult Christmas parties. The girls got to ask Santa for all their deepest desires (except for Kassie, who was much happier chatting with Santa from afar).Kimberlee asked for a dog. Sigh. I wish she had asked him for the "year's supply of steak" she wrote on her wish list. That would have been a little more reasonable at this point.Tonight is our ward Christmas party, tomorrow is Keira's Christmas ballet production, Monday Ed goes on leave, we have our big ultrasound, and the school Christmas parties start. And then of course it will be Kassie's birthday and Christmas Eve and Christmas day...I'll certainly have plenty to blog about. Are you ready for it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't feel so bad about the lack of updates! I have a hard time and I am not going through horrible morning sickness ;) Can't wait to hear what the ultrasound reveals!

Grandma and Bonka said...

I love your blogs. Thanks for doing them!!