Dearest Kassie~
Oh dear, you are 2. And what a funny 2-year-old you are.
I love how you call yourself "Sassy." I love your cheesy, toothy grin. I love your fake laugh when you don't want to be left out of the fun. I love your real laugh even more.
I have a love/hate relationship with your many, many comfort measures. I love that you always want to cuddle with Mommy, but I inwardly cheer whenever you give me a break and cuddle with Daddy. I love that you play with my hair, but please stop needing it in the middle of the night...or when I have a headache. I have no love for the "fa" (pacifier) - that thing must go.
You are tiny, but strong. You are extremely agile. You see what you want and you go get it. Even if what you want is up on the shelf in the top cupboards...you will find a way. And you are pretty good at getting yourself down again.
You want to be a big girl. You want to be like your sisters. You try so hard to keep up with them. You have 2 speeds - run and off. You aren't afraid of much.
I am grateful for the fears you do have. A little fear is good for a 2-year-old. I hope it keeps you safe.
You constantly keep us laughing. You constantly amaze us. We can see the wheels turning in your mind, and always wonder what you'll do next.
You can be so sweet. I love your concerned "What's wrong?" and "Oh, she's crying." I love how you laugh when you say "oh, sorry"...like it's no big deal. It's hard not to laugh with you.
Happy birthday my crazy, beautiful, funny, happy, Sassy Kassie!
1 comment:
She is so adorable!! Can't believe she's 2 already!!
Post a Comment