Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

This month is such a special one...

This week's activities involved:
Making 10 invitations
(Do you like how I blurred out our address and phone number?  I don't have fancy photoshop like some of you...)

Assembling 10 gift bags
 Decorating 24 popcorn cupcakes
 And popping many (many) bags of popcorn
 All for this little girl's 8th Movie Birthday Extravaganza
This picture is deceiving - it looks fairly calm...but it was as loud and crazy as you'd expect 10 7-8 year olds to be.
They watched the new American Girl movie, ate lots and lots of food, giggled and screamed, and I think generally enjoyed themselves.
Sunday was the actual day, and Keira got up super early to put on her new dress, curl her hair, twist the earrings in her newly pierced ears, and open her present from Grandpa and Grandma Law: her very own set of scriptures.
Her request for her birthday dinner?  Quiche.  Keira and I are the only ones who like it, so I don't make it very often.
Keira got an iPod for Christmas and promptly lost it.  She knew she wouldn't get another one any time soon, so on her birthday list she asked for a "Radio that plays Taylor Swift music."  How sad is it that my kids don't know what a CD player is.  So much cheaper than an iPod and much harder to lose.
 Happy birthday Miss Keira-pants!
A few facts about Keira (who is still our girly, 14-year-old-trapped-in-an-8-year-old's-body, kind of girl):
favorite color: ALL of them!
favorite singer: Taylor Swift
favorite food: quiche, ramen
favorite song: The Civil Wars ("you know mom, it's a new song by Taylor Swift - Aunt Lora let me listen to it on her iPod")
favorite TV show: Victorious
favorite movie: McKenna
favorite activity: watch TV, listen to music
favorite school subject: science
favorite sport: soccer
favorite thing so far about being 8: having earrings

7 comments:

Grandma & Bonka said...

MaryAnn, you have outdone yourself on that birthday party. Those cupcakes are soooo cute.

Unknown said...

What an awesome party idea! She really is a beautiful girl, but all of your girls are :)

Unknown said...

I knew Keira and I were one and the same. I loved quiche for my birthday meals.

rachel garber said...

Keira is a girl after my own heart - I LOVE T-Swift. And it's a huge secret since I'm married to a country-disliker. I didn't tell him forever after we got married :) And I totally didn't know she had a new song, I'll have to check it out.

Love the birthday party idea. She looks so much older than 8 in those pictures!

Law Family said...

She is so beautiful! I'm glad she had a fun birthday party, your decorations and such are so fun!

Allen Family said...

I wish you could be my kids' mom during their birthday. I am a bad mom and we don't do that kind of stuff. It looks fabulous though. And Keira looks like she had tons of fun. Seriously, you should come visit us in OK!!!

rachel garber said...

And P.S. 4 days later, I love how you blurred out your info on the invites - I don't have photo shop either so it's nice to know that things can still take place to alter pictures since I'm totally illiterate at that kind of thing :)