For Mother's Day, one of my girls answered the question, "My mom is happiest when...?" with "When Dad is home." It's true. I just really like him. Lucky for them, Mommy got really happy on Monday. 4 1/2 months later, Ed is home.
I told all the girls he would be home Monday, but I led the older girls to believe we'd pick him up after they got home from school. I'm mean, but I really wanted them to go to school...and I kind of wanted to surprise them. So Kassie was my lone companion (along with a million other families) on the flight line.
Blowing bubbles while we wait.
He landed!
Ed was one of the first people off, and as such I didn't even have time to get a picture of him coming down the stairs. Not complaining, earlier reunion is fine with me!
Happy, happy, happy.
Later we picked the girls up from school. When the middle school realized what we were trying to do they sent a whole entourage to watch the reunion. So I'm not sure who is laughing in the background.
Lots and lots of happy.
9 comments:
So glad he's home safe and sound!
These always make me cry :) So glad he is safe and home!!
Feeling so blessed. What a wonderful reunion with the girls.
Love love love. SO happy you are all reunited. Much love to you as you readjust. Again. ;)
What a great day!!
Everybody heppy heppy heppy.
What great news, so glad you are all together again!
Happy Memorial Day!! Happy for your reunion! Found your blog through Nancy's (she and I are childhood friends) and I have been reading for a little while. You have such a sweet family!
Thank you for your families sacrifice for our country. I truly am grateful!
Amber @ Tales of Domestica
Love it! So glad you were able to surprise them...at least a little. Glad he is back. Can't wait to see you even if it's just for a bit.
Post a Comment