Ed and I received an invitation to an exclusive party last week. We were pretty excited, and made sure we cleared our schedule for Saturday night so we could attend.
The party was sponsored by the BSF club (um, Best Sisters Forever, of course). We attended a summer party they had thrown several months earlier and knew we wouldn't want to miss this. The BSF took over our bonus room starting early Saturday morning and wouldn't allow any peeking while they decorated. Every once in a while one of them would emerge to gather more supplies. Throughout the day we heard strange noises (Michael Jackson music) and were asked strange questions ("Mom, do we have any black paper...and white chocolate?"). Finally, after dinner it was time for the party.
This creepy guy welcomed us at the door.Lucky me, my name was on the list!
There were bats hanging from the ceiling, pumpkins and cats and ghosts covering the walls, and pop-up spiders on top of every surface. They literally spent all day on these decorations and it looked fabulous.
The entertainment for the evening was our traditional Halloween movie - Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The older members of the BSF also made lots of yummy food - popcorn and marshmallow ghosts and skeleton bones (pretzels covered in white chocolate) and goblin guts (energy bites).
The ladies of the BSF. I'm sure they are willing to come to your location if you need help with your next party - I highly recommend them!
5 comments:
too, too cute!
Do they do Thanksgiving? Cuz I got this holiday thing coming up and could use all this getup.
Oh, sweet sisters. How precious.
That is the cutest thing ever! I used to force my brothers to do stuff like that, but it sounds funner with willing party planners! :)
I love the BSF club idea. And this one reminds me of the haunted houses you kids liked putting together. Clever!
Post a Comment