Remember how I said at the beginning of the year that we didn't have plans to move anywhere yet? Because we weren't quite sure where to go? Well, that has changed. We're moving. To this lovely area:
Get ready St. Louis, the Andersons are on their way!A couple weeks ago we put the girls through the worst Spring Break ever. We knew we had to start making some decisions about our future, and Ed and I hoped the decision would be a little easier to make after a visit to Scott AFB, home of his next (part-time) Reserves job. They have started hinting at a full-time position as well, and we began to realize the only thing keeping us in Arkansas was a house that we love (okay, and some wonderful people, but no job opportunities!).
So we spent a couple days driving around the area, checking out base housing, finding schools and church buildings, looking up homes and rentals, listing pros and cons, meeting Ed's new coworkers, finding a possible rental, and pretty much boring the girls out of their minds. We were able to hang out with a couple friends one night, and then we took pity on our cooped-up monsters one chilly day and took them to the zoo. It's free - I've never heard of such a thing before!
Kimberlee thought this sign was funny and wanted a picture of it, but wouldn't pose with it. Kassie wasn't terribly happy that everyone laughed when she offered to pose for the picture. You'll have to click on it to read it.
Keira wanted to go to the arch more than anything and is now even more anxious to go up in it. No worries girl, we'll have plenty of opportunities to go up when all our family members come to visit - right? Right?
It was pretty apparent right away to us that we need to move this summer. So now we are trying to figure out how to sell/rent out our house and move without all the rules of active duty. For the first time in over 12 years we are not being told what to do - it's liberating and terrifying all at the same time. Ed is also trying to figure out all the different rules of being a Reservist and make sure all his ducks are in a row for separating. And trying to run a Stan/Eval shop. And still applying to airlines. And I'm also trying to have a baby somewhere in the middle of it all. Every once in a while it all becomes a little too overwhelming and one of us (or several of us...but usually just me) end up curled up in the fetal position. But it will all work out in the end - hopefully in fantastic, exciting ways!
5 comments:
Ugh! Still not close enough, but maybe I'll realize my dream of visiting church history sites and come see you. Better get a bigger place!
We will come and see you! I went up in that arch when I was 12 years old! Just like Kimberlee!
Hooray and congrats! You'll have to tell us where you end up around here!! Good luck with moving.
What fun adventures you guys have coming your way. Man, those girls are all growing up so fast. I wish that St. Louis was closer to us, or that we were closer to you guys. I'm so excited for you! Wish I could be there to help out. We'll be there in spirit :)
Well we WERE going to come visit you in Cabot this summer, but then you had to go and decide to move... I guess visiting after you've had a baby wouldn't really be ideal either. Shall we wait until Fall? Ticket prices might be better by then anyway.
Post a Comment