Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The promised pregnancy update (and a few extras)

38 weeks as of yesterday
Several people have asked how my pregnancy is going.  Some have wondered why I haven't said a whole lot about it.  Many have asked if I'm considered high-risk this time.  For all those inquiring minds, here are your answers.

The pregnancy is going fine.  No concerns whatsoever.  I've gained my normal amount of weight, I'm contracting and barely dilating, I'm starting to swell like crazy (Kassie has learned the word "cankles"), I'm hopeful that I've bought my last bottle of Tums...and she is moving frequently.  She's not as active as all my other girls, but she responds when I push her so I'm grateful.

I guess I haven't said a whole lot about it because there isn't much to tell.  No, I'm not considered high-risk.  Technically there was nothing wrong last time.  No genetic problems, no conditions with Kathryn or with me.  The knot in her cord was a fluke, a crazy coincidence.  However, my doctor has been extremely considerate of my emotional state and is constantly reassuring me that I can come in WHENEVER I am concerned.  He's been awesome.  And as I've gotten closer to the end, and my paranoia and anxiety is starting to come out, he has been completely on board with inducing me.  So, next Tuesday, I'm having a baby.  Yay!  I don't like being induced, and would really prefer to go on my own, but I can already see that I would be a mess that last week.  And our movers are coming on my due date.  So for the mental health of all involved, this is the way to go.

I think the biggest problem at this point is convincing myself that I will be bringing home a baby.  I'm really fighting a "wait-and-see" attitude and trying to get ready for our little girl.  So this sight is a little promising: all of that is newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes.  Out of the shed and waiting in our bedroom.  Progress.
The baby shower my sweet friends threw for me helped a lot.  It's hard to not get excited over all the pink clothes and hairbows.  And now a big concern is that this little girl will come out and be a boy instead.

My other big job has been organizing shoes and toddler clothes.  These 7 bins have taken over our room.
Ed has been cleaning up outside (and painting inside).
The clean-up included giving away the trampoline.  Here the girls are saying goodbye.  They are happy it went to a good home though.
And...sigh.  The scooter struck again.  Oh Krista Mae.
The way she was screaming I thought she had broken something.  I was going through horrible scenarios in my mind.  I'm glad it wasn't worse.  Today she's completely swollen on that side, but healing has begun.
We have banished the scooters now.  Helmets are the top of the list of things to buy when we get settled in Illinois.

Hopefully my next update will be a birth story.  I don't often ask, but would appreciate prayers on Tuesday.

5 comments:

rachel garber said...

You most definitely have my prayers! And I'm finally making it to the temple again (pregnancy and temple attendance haven't been happening; doesn't help it's 2 1/2 hours away through Denver traffic either. I know I know, excuses) so I'll think about you while in there too!

I love that you're worried she'll come out a boy. I cut all the tags off our clothes, washed them all, etc and then looked at Ryan and said, "What if he's a girl? We'll be totally out of luck." :)

Jamie Lamb said...

I've already started the prayers...:) You'll do great! I'm excited to see another beautiful baby girl soon!

Where Words Fail....Music Speaks said...

We will be praying and sending lots of love your way!

Sue said...

Prayers for sure! I can understand your worries. I will pray for a great delivery and a happy, healthy baby! Good luck with the move too! I don't envy you on that one. :)

rachel garber said...

Thought about you all day yesterday. Hope everything went well!