Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

October

Ed has been gone since mid-September, which seems like a really long time to me. It doesn't matter that we've done longer separations, gone is gone. Thankfully only a couple little things have broken this time (a pantry door and the kitchen sink disposal), and even better, he was able to fly home for 2 days right after General Conference. He spent that time doing all my honey-dos (like mowing our massive yard) and getting in as much time with all his girls as possible. Nothing like a back-yard soccer game.
And now he's back in Miami, learning how to fly yet another airplane. He's pretty much amazing.

I am generally not brave while Ed is gone. In fact, I'm pretty lame. Its scary to take all 5 kids exploring by myself, so we stay home as much as possible. But Ed was going to miss all of October, and I just couldn't let the month get away without some fall fun.  So I packed up the girls one Saturday and ventured out to a little farm called Braeutigam Orchards.

First up: feed the goats.
Then learn about farm-life in the kid-size barns.
Then run your fingers through some corn.
And finally get on the wagon and head out to the orchards. Most people were there for the pumpkins, but we were in it for the apples.
Look, Karoline and I were there too.
My sweeties with their pickins.
After paying for our haul the girls found chicks to hold.
Kim would have been much happier if they would have willingly crawled into her hand instead of trying to get away. I don't think pooping on her hand endeared her to the experience either.
And we finished the day with apple cider donuts.
All in all a success! But I think we'll save future venturing for when Ed gets back. We wouldn't want to have too much fun without him.

No comments: