Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Playing catch up

Get ready for February and March...

It snowed for President's Day. Kass was really excited. And super cold.
The girls already had school off for the holiday, so there was much playing outside. They went sledding down our neighbor's hill until they were soaked and numb. Our fabulous home teacher cleared the driveway since Ed was out of town.
This happy girl was 8 months old!
Ed happened to be in town for that.
Teething became a pretty big problem.
See? No bueno. That one on top was alone for a long time, making Karoline the cutest (and grumpiest) hillbilly you ever did see.
It snowed again in time for Stake Conference. Meetings were cancelled, so we had our own. The girls prepared talks and made a podium, complete with a microphone, tissues and flowers. :)
Ed presided and conducted over Skype.
The girls had the next day off of school again (ever heard of Casimir Pulaski Day? Neither had we, look it up), so outside they went.
Cousin Jenny and Jim drove through St. Louis! We met up at the Arch and had a fantastic couple of hours together. They're too much fun.
Ed had a birthday, and this is how he celebrated:
That, my friends, is a Delta Air Lines pilot getting ready to go fly for the first time. Ed's first landing in the MD-88 happened with passengers on board. They didn't mention that to the passengers...and none of them would have guessed, it was so smooth. He's just amazing, as always.

Krista started a weekly art class at the community center. She loves it!
Kassie started a weekly gymnastics class at the community center. She loves it! (And it completely wears her out - yay!)
Keira started a weekly violin class at the community center. She LOVES it! (And Karoline is happy to accompany her)
Kimberlee started a weekly cooking class at school. She loves it too, but hasn't let me take a picture. She couldn't stop me from taking this one of her latest choir concert though. She's on the bottom, 5th from the left, in the green striped shirt.
One day while Keira was in her lesson we played at the park. I'm loving the spring weather, the winter grayness was getting me down. Kassie and I have been singing a lot of "There is Sunshine in my Soul Today" - we're so happy to see the sun outside too.
Karoline had her first real swing ride outside the community center - she loved it!  
More to come - some things deserve their own post. Happy happy happy Spring everyone!

8 comments:

rachel garber said...

I keep forgetting Ed is now a commercial pilot so his uniform threw me off! I'm glad his first flight went well!

Your girls. Are. too. cute. I'm glad they enjoyed the snow as I find it to be awful. Just awful.

Happy spring!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Love the update! Your community center rocks! Miss you.

Jen said...

I'm famous!!!! Thanks for the fun stop and pics. You are awesome.

kid2kid3 said...

Yeah that Pulaski day threw me off to when we lived there. But hey any day off we will tale right? looks like you guys are settling in nicely.

kid2kid3 said...

Yeah that Pulaski day threw me off to when we lived there. But hey any day off we will tale right? looks like you guys are settling in nicely.

Sue said...

Those girls! It's a good thing you had so many of them...they are beautiful!

Lizzy Hixson said...

Is that Mom's old violin I see? Glad to see it's being put to use. As for blogging, you remind me I need to update mine. Why is recording memories SO HARD?!

leannelaw said...

I love updates! Even if I don't see them for weeks. Silly me. I will get back in the habit now that I don't play for high school choir anymore. Your family is involved in so many fun things! Love it! Congrats to Ed. WE knew he would be the best anyway. I want Kimberlee to cook for me while Keira plays the dinner music and Kassie does a floor routine and Krista decorates the room while I hold Karoline on my lap after flying there on Delta - how's that?!