*celebrated Kathryn. All the girls got green toenails and helped gather flowers for the cemetery. It was pretty special being able to actually be there with her this year - I really do love her peaceful little spot and her beautiful headstone. We grabbed pizza on the way home and just enjoyed happy thoughts about our little family. Can't believe it's been 4 years.
*became part of a brand new ward! Our old ward was like Stake Conference every week, and Keira was always rushing us out the door Sunday morning so we could sit in a pew in the chapel instead of the hard chairs in the gym. Primary was out of control, but goodness it was fun for my older girls to have such large Young Womens and Activity Days groups. It was time. They took 5 wards and changed the boundaries and created 1 new ward, and we happen to be in the brand new ward's boundaries. The Bishop lives in our neighborhood, so we got to keep him, plus our old building and 9:00 start time. It was exciting watching the process work, but super sad for my older girls, whose good friends all ended up in other wards. Here we go getting to know more new people!
*did lots of service for grandmas and grandpas - Grandma A and Bonka were remodeling and getting new carpet, so Kim and Keira helped pack things up, and Ed helped move things to the garage. One blustery day we helped Grandpa and Grandma Law plant 11 rows of potatoes, and another day Keira and Kim helped thin peaches for their church orchard assignment.
*celebrated Memorial Day with the Andersons (minus Ed). The Belnaps have met at the Cloverdale Cemetery every Memorial Day for decades, and now we get to be part of it. We share memories of loved ones who are buried there, then hang out for the rest of the day at Aunt Mary's pool.
In May, Ed:
*flew, and flew, and flew some more. He spent most of the month flying for Delta, then finished up with an extensive Air Force trip. He went to Stockholm,
(Vasa Museum - a 17th century ship that sunk in the Stockholm harbor)
(he happened upon the Swedish royal family)
Tel Aviv (with a side trip to Jerusalem and the Sea of Galilee)Jordan,
(Petra)
Ramstein AB in Germany, and home. He has a LOT more pictures and saw some amazing things, but I can't explain them properly so you'll have to ask him.*spent all his time off making our yard look amazing. The spring flowers have been so pretty - like this clematis by our driveway.
In May, I:
*was pampered for Mother's Day. Ed made me breakfast (he was going to wake the girls up to do it for me, but commented that it was probably more pleasant for me to just let them sleep. True statement) and gave me chocolates, and the girls made me a fabulous dinner and tried to be good all day. Just what I asked for.
*spent hours and hours working on some Christmas presents for the girls. I knew I wouldn't be able to work on them with them home for the summer so tried to get as much done as I could. I'll pick it back up in the fall.
In May, Kimberlee:
*planted her own little garden.
This is her Faith value project for Personal Progress. She did some research, wrote her dad and I a list of things to get, and spent an evening planting everything right before a heavy storm rolled in. She waters every day and likes to report on the progress - we're anxious to see if anything bears fruit.
In May, Keira:
*had her final 6th grade orchestra concert. They have definitely improved in the last couple months.
In May, Krista:
*had a presentation in GT showing off much of her work the past quarter. They have been researching National Parks - they wrote to park rangers and gathered online information, then presented their findings to all the parents. Krista had Mammoth Caves National Park in Kentucky and did a great job telling us all the interesting facts she had learned.
In May, Kassie:
*had her Kindergarten music program. Short, sweet, and super cute.
*pampered me at her class Mother's Day Tea - cookies and lemonade and a sweet drawing at our table of all the things I do for her (including cooking, helping with homework...and birthing her).
In May, KK:
*seemed to regress in everything - she stopped sleeping well, stopped eating well (she wants apple juice all the time), and started crying for nursery again. She sneaks onto counters and shelves to get any electronics left unattended, colors all over herself (and other things) with markers, and likes to hit and scratch and scream. She has become obsessed with chapstick and lipgloss and now knows all of Keira's hiding places for her "lip". She even drank hand sanitizer the other day because she thought it was lipgloss. AND...for the first time in my motherhood career she gave me the lovely experience of cleaning up a poop-painting party. Not gonna lie, this is one of my least-favorite ages. She's lucky she gives such great kisses, and it really is cute to hear her say new words. And when she's not crying her smile is the best.















3 comments:
Ok ok. I read this when you posted it and then never commented. Ug.
Ed - his flying makes me jealous but I'm sure he never knows what day or time it is. Does he enjoy this!? Do you get jealous??
I am glad things are going well for you guys in Idaho.
I think of Kathryn often.
Yeah, I'm this behind on reading your blog (yikes!). The birthing picture! Haha! She's a pip.
I am SO with you on the age. Miriam's become significantly less adorable as she neared her 2nd birthday...
The feet that I absolutely love the most are the little girls feet in the lower right hand corner. She has the cutest toes! https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RlrGYX5hXFw/V13gWbdT8AI/AAAAAAAAIDY/m0aW2vj9hIQkQMZXf5esY2I6o_Vig1hywCLcB/s0/IMG_0746.JPG
Post a Comment