Cute Krista had her 4th grade music program. It was a western theme and Krista showed off her amazing recorder skills with a solo during "Home on the Range."
Kassie found a baby to hold. I'm guessing this is her cousin McKinley. If there is a baby or small animal anywhere near, this girl will be sure to be touching/petting/holding it.
Krista's Activity Days group did a Cupcake Wars Mother/Daughter activity. Krista won 2nd place overall for her "Taste the Rainbow" cupcake. I think the gummy bear heads at the end of the rainbow are what tipped her over the edge.
Kathryn's 5th birthday was on a busy day. Kimberlee had Driver's Ed, Keira had Young Women's, Krista's cupcake activity was that day, Ed and I were in and out with various events...it was too much. For the first time we really didn't commemorate that day at all. But we were able to gather at the cemetery that weekend (in between haircuts and Driver's Ed and mowing the lawn). I was pretty proud of my flower arrangement from our yard. Can't believe it's been 5 years. She would have been starting Kindergarten this year.
Kimberlee finished up Driver's Ed! Her driving "test" for her permit happened in the only bad weather we had in May - pouring rain and wind - and she claims she nearly didn't pass. But I made her drive home in the rain anyway - get back up on that horse, and all that. Now with her permit she has to drive 50 hours (and 6 months) with an adult before she can take the test for her license. Ed and I are learning to not be such control freaks. Her confidence has definitely improved - she'll be a fantastic driver.
The weather was starting to be pretty amazing, so we bought some patio furniture and Ed snagged a croquet set from his parents and we hung out outside as much as we could.
Keira was inducted into National Junior Honor Society. When I was in Jr. High it seemed like anyone with the GPA was inducted, but Keira had to apply with all her service experience and teacher recommendations. I think I read they only induct 25 for the school. Good job Keira!
I remember Ed was gone a lot of May, but I really don't remember where. There are a lot of pictures of mountains and snow and ocean...I'm guessing they are all from an Air Force trip to Norway.
Once he got back from that trip, he planned to hop a flight from St Louis to Little Rock to spend the week getting our Cabot house ready to sell. But he surprised us by coming home for Memorial Day instead. We miss him when he's gone so much. It was nice to get him for a day in the midst of all the craziness.On Memorial Day you will find the Belnaps (Ed's mom's side) at the Cloverdale cemetery. We put flowers on all the graves and share memories of loved ones.
Afterwards Mary always invites everyone for a pool party. Sure love this family.
The next day Ed was back on the road to Little Rock and the girls were off to finish their last week of school.







No comments:
Post a Comment