Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

And we're off!

The first of the movers come tomorrow (Friday), and I won't have access to a computer for a little while, so this will be the last update for quite some time. I'm not even sure if I'll be posting pictures on here until we get to Japan in April. We'll see - stay tuned.

Sorry there aren't more pictures, we've been a little busy. As I said, the movers come tomorrow to ship our stuff to Japan. On Monday and Tuesday a different company will be packing and moving our stuff into storage. Wednesday we check out of our house and Ed outprocesses from the base, Thursday we have Thanksgiving with some friends in the ward, and Friday we begin our drive to exotic Altus, Oklahoma. We'll stay in St. Louis on Friday night (hey Watson family, can we stop by and visit?), and Oklahoma City Saturday night (Kimberlee is so excited to see her friend Dillon). After spending a month at Altus we'll drive home to Idaho for Christmas. Then Ed will fly back to Altus to finish his KC-135 training, and the girls and I get to stay with my parents until the beginning of April. Then we'll finally be off to Japan.

I am suddenly extremely sad to be leaving. So far it hasn't really seemed real, and Japan (and even Oklahoma) has seemed like some far-off magical place that we'd never really arrive at. Now that the time has come it doesn't seem so magical anymore - it just seems very foreign and scary. I've gotten very comfortable here and we've been very blessed to have wonderful neighbors and friends and to have experienced the things we have here. This is the longest we've lived anywhere since we both left for college... maybe we've just gotten out of the habit of moving.

Better get back to work. I'll email everyone an updated address, and we're keeping our cell phones until we leave the country. In a couple days we'll both have email access again. The point is please keep in touch. Love to all!

No comments: