We have arrived safe and sound in Altus, OK and officially begun our period of homelessness. Despite two potty accidents, one disgusting truck stop, and various rounds of screaming and fighting (between the girls, not Ed and I) our trip was relatively uneventful. We were able to see my cousin Stephanie in St. Louis, and then stay with the Johnsons, our friends from Wright-Pat, in Oklahoma City. It was really nice to spend some time in normal surroundings while we were living in hotel after hotel.
The move itself was extremely stressful, but also very uneventful. I think that was mostly due to wonderful friends and neighbors. They did everything from taking our girls all day every day while the movers were there, to feeding us dinner, to taking all our food and cleaning supplies and various junk that we couldn't move or store off our hands. We miss these wonderful people very much!!
And now we are staying in a 2-bedroom TLF (Temporary Living Facility) and trying to find our place in the world. It's amazing how the church can make you feel at home anywhere - the ward has been extremely friendly. The girls are bouncing off the walls and are ready to go spend some time with Grandmas and Grandpas for Christmas (I'm ready to ship them there and run away to some warm exotic location). Ed began his training and so far it has been pretty laid back - we'll see if it stays that way.
Sorry there aren't any pictures. They are all on a computer that hopefully is on a boat headed toward Japan. I'll try to download some soon.
Love to all! If you need to get ahold of us email is always good, or our cell phones kind of work here (I stress "kind of").
No comments:
Post a Comment