Ever since we got here I have noticed that many women have elaborately-painted toe nails. At first I thought they were stickers, and to be honest, that was a little cheesy to me. I finally asked someone about it and they told me I had to go to CoCok's. They talked about an amazing pedicure, but all I heard was the price - more than I wanted to spend.
That was all fine and dandy until a friend decided we were going to go for her birthday. Since my birthday is coming up too it seemed like a good excuse to try it once and never again.
I was mistaken again. The experience was pure heaven - I've had pedicures before, but they were nothing like this. Yes, they hand-paint whatever design you want, but the most amazing thing was the soak and massage before the painting even got started. I found myself sitting in my huge leather recliner, overlooking the ocean, imagining ways I could make CoCok's a necessity. My feet need this, really!
The moral: I will be returning. Not as often as I would love to go, but definitely more than never. And all you who are planning to visit - save up your yen, because you will be going too. Unless you are male. I wonder if you can just pay for the massage?
In other news...we just experienced Category 1 Typhoon Nari and are bracing for another one tomorrow. Keira started going to her Japanese preschool and claims to love it but cries when I leave her there. Ed has been on the island, but not home (except for the typhoon) because of his additional duties. Kimberlee thinks she should go to school every day, even during a typhoon. And Krista continues to make us laugh and smile, except at night when she continues to believe she needs to get up. Ahhh, the good life.
6 comments:
I've never had a pedicure but this sounds like heaven. I'm saving some yen right now! I'm so glad you went. You deserve some pampering with all the hard work you do each day. I love you!
Irene A.
oh, very lovely. Happy Birthday to you! That was a well deserved gift for yourself. Loved chatting yesterday!
Okay, now I'm REALLY getting psyched to visit you in Japan (as if it took a pedicure to get me really psyched to go to Japan and see you).
I'll have to start saving so that IF we get to go there, I'll be able to pay for it. I think going to Kadena would be the biggest assignment that would pull T from FAIPing. I would love it since Columbus is like Del Rio from what I remember you saying.
Such lovely toes! And the artwork is lovely too! :) Diane Morgan said that she went to CoCok's when she was visiting Shaulan. She said that I shouldn't rule out getting another pedicure until I had one there. Did they serve you yummy things to eat and drink while you were being pampered? I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself!!!
What you forgot to include a picture of was the shirt you were wearing when you got your toes painted. I loved how they matched perfectly and you didn't even plan it. I think it's about time I head back there....
Post a Comment