Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Top 10 Things I've Learned in the Last 10 Days

10. The Emergency Room is about 15 minutes away on a Thursday afternoon at 2:00.

9. If you are not listed on our emergency card you will not be allowed to pick up Kimberlee from school.

8. If you breathe really fast (also known as hyperventilating) your fingers will start to tingle and go numb.

7. If you have a severe pain in your lower back, especially on just one side, it probably has something to do with your kidneys.

6. Kidney stones are the worst - there is a reason they are compared to the pain of childbirth.

5. If you slam your head in a door hard enough you will "see stars."

4. When you don't want to go to the ER twice in as many weeks, super glue does wonders for deep cuts.

3. I come close to passing out every time I cut myself (but I never follow through).

2. I think I can officially be classified as "accident-prone."

and most importantly:
1. In our short 6 months here we have met some amazing people and made some wonderful friends who have no problem coming to the rescue in our time(s) of need.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! You'll have to give us some more details on these stories. Sounds insane.

Nancy said...

What the heck happened?

Angela Draper said...

I'm with everyone else -- more details please! I hope everyone is doing ok now. It sounds like you've had a crazy 10 days!

Anonymous said...

WHAT! Where did you go? Did you forget to finish your blog. I sure hope everything is okay. I assume it is since there was a bit of humor behind all that serious stuff.
Katherine