Monday, December 10, 2007
Santa has already been here
The movers came to our home in Ohio a little over a year ago. We had 3 separate shipments - household goods, unaccompanied baggage, and storage. Our Christmas tree and all holiday decorations went into storage. For a little over a year now I have whined about that - ask poor Ed. I think my friend Amy was sick of hearing it. She showed up tonight, husband and kids in tow, with a brand-new Christmas tree in hand. Not only did they unwrap it, set it up, fluff the branches, and plug it in, they left a tub of "extra" ornaments to decorate it with. Then they tidied up our playroom, choked down some of my home-made fudge (I really did force it on them), and whisked their kids away with a promise to return to take the tree down after Christmas. We really are going to have Christmas! How do you repay something like that? I am amazed that no matter where we are in the world we somehow seem to always find the world's best people. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Corey and Amy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is very sweet of your friend. They went the extra mile. I'm glad you have a tree now!
Aww, that makes me so happy! I was worried about you not enjoying the holidays, but it looks like your friends have you covered. :)
MeeAnn...I can imagine what Amy went through. I remember how you whine...I would go buy you a tree too.....Just teasing you. I'm glad you have such good friends. It's good to know that you are being taken care of. Lots of Love.
Wow, that made me cry. I'm so happy for you. God bless your friends.
I love the Otis family!!! Super nice!
Katherine
MaryAnn -- Is this the Otis family you're talking about??? If it is, it's a small world! Ryan grew up with Corey in Seattle, and we live next to Corey's brother, Chris, here in TX.
Post a Comment