Pages

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Pineapples, pineapples everywhere!


We took a fun trip to the Nago Pineapple Park on Saturday. It seems like it's been a really long time since we've been off the base (except for church and preschool). We joined the busloads of Japanese tourists for a ride through the farm on a pineapple car, then on to taste-testing various pineapple concoctions. Our favorites were the different juices, pineapple chocolate and the pineapple bread. Everything was super spendy (especially with the current 98 yen = $1 rate), but we splurged and bought some fun things.
The pineapple car. We learned all about different types of pineapple plants and saw lots of beautiful flowers.

In front of the pineapple plants, eating pineapple ice cream.

Wrestling Krista in front of some of the pretty flowers.



A good time was had by all. Come to think of it, the trip was almost completely devoid of tantrums, fighting and general crankiness. Maybe that is a place we should go more often.


Our only other news is Ed took his first trip to Hawaii, Keira became the first in our family to cut her own hair (thankfully it wasn't drastic), and Krista has decided to begin the "terrible two's" much earlier than her older sisters. I realized I took away her morning nap far too soon - I've repented and she is currently sleeping (it's 10:30 a.m.). It's spring break for Kimberlee, and our biggest hope is that one of the days will be sunny and warm so we can go to the beach. Wish us luck!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I love pineapple so I would be in heaven. Wow, to find a place where kids don't throw tantrums...you'll HAVE to go back. I enjoy seeing pictures of your girls. They look like you.

Jody Carson said...

Where did all of Kimmee's hair go?! If I show these recent pictures of Kimmee with shorter hair, I don't know if Savannah will reach her goal to have long hair like a princess has........ ;)
It looks like you guys had a good time. Pineapple chocolate? Yum!

Liz said...

I never really thought that pineapple grew in Japan.

Hey, is there any way you could e-mail Jodi Carson and give her my e-mail address and give her mine and see if she'll allow me access to her family website?

Thanks,
Liz

Grandma and Bonka said...

I love, love, love this blog. I want to visit the pineapple farm when we come to visit. Did I mention I loved this blog!! SO CUTE!

Music Mama said...

I LOVE pineapple. I would have had a great time with you. The Easter dresses are adorable, by the way. (Obviously I'm here catching up!) Glad you had such a fun trip, and you should record the no tantrums thing in your journal. I would classify that as a miracle. No lie.

rachel garber said...

yaa for the new blog background! i love it! did ed go to oahu!? i lived there five years ago for the summer and can't wait to go back (maui just isn't the same...).

Erin said...

Your blog is so cute! I love the background! I bet living in Japan is an adventure! Especially raising 3 kids as well. It's just an adventure for me raising one in Utah..Thanks for being so good to my sister. I know that she REALLY misses you a lot!

Nancy said...

That looks like so much fun. I have that same shirt, but in black and pink. Figures, since we shopped at the same store at home. Love Kimmee's hair!

Berly said...

Nicole was my first to cut her hair and thankfully it wasn't to bad, and Taylor has also hit the "terrible twos" early. She throws her head back and is only 14 months old. Good luck with Spring Break - I hope it is warm.