

Ed made a new friend while mowing the lawn. Keira (who is terrified of all bugs, dogs, cats, rabbits, and other equally scary animals) ran away screaming, but Kimberlee thought it was pretty cool. We think it was a grasshopper?

Our little playgroup is changing once again. Our friends, the Drapers, are moving back to the states. We'll miss them and their sweet little girl Ellie (she's the blond in the middle). We're excited to welcome a new mom and her son. I will admit, I am a little interested to see how Keira handles being the only girl. Last week the boys kept calling her princess, and lately Keira has been very aware that girls marry boys...we'll keep an eye on her.
To help say goodbye to the Drapers we attended their farewell dinner at what is becoming one of our favorite restaurants, Kitakaisen. It's really kid-friendly, and has a good mix of yummy Japanese food with a little American thrown in.

Ed taught Kimberlee how to properly handle chopsticks. I'm afraid the whole technique is lost on me. Whenever we eat at Japanese restaurants my food tends to end up on my face and lap more than in my mouth. Kimmee practiced her new skills on her soy beans, which happen to be one of her favorite things. She is also a big fan of sea grapes.

These are the fried cheese-dough balls (covered in powdered sugar, of course) that we love! Ed also had to have his sushi, and Krista was grateful for the large plate of "spicy" fries (they tasted normal to us).

This was just a stop on our walk between conference sessions yesterday (yes, we get conference 2 weeks later than everyone else). The girls wanted me to take a picture of them in front of a banyan tree.
8 comments:
You are so lucky to have all the experiences you do over there. I love the tree, the bug looks cool, and the food definitely sounds good right now. Speaking of which, I better go finish lunch.
I really love Kimmie's hair!
That bug looks like a preying mantis or katiedid (spelling error)anyway, a very cool looking bug.
MaryAnn, I'll teach you how to eat from chopsticks next time you're around - I was such a loser at it in the beginning but I've got some tricks to make you a pro!
Yeah! I found your blog... I always wonder how you are doing. Now I don't have to always ask my mom if she has heard how you are doing. Your family is adorable. I am glad that you are doing so well.
That banyan tree looks like it would be fun to climb! I can't believe that you are still going strong with play group! You are quite the woman........Hey, Kiera! Don't get any ideas! I want you as a daughter-in-law!!! ;)
I can't believe Kimmie can use chopsticks. I stink at using them. Good for her-
Those cheese-dough balls look interesting. We tried something similar to it at an Indian restaurant. But sorry Ed, I can't stand sushi - the seaweed stuff is disgusting. I think maybe I'd rather fry up that grasshopper.
Post a Comment