Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


We had a pleasant Mother's Day. My sweet little girls (and my sweet husband) did a lot of little things to make me feel special. There were hugs and "I love you"s and "Happy Mother's Day"s galore. The girls gave me cards with bags of candy that they had made in Primary (and then they proceeded to eat the candy on the way home from church), and pictures they had made of themselves at school. Krista gave me a handprint she had done in nursery. The branch gave all the women these beautiful lillies and some chocolate. Ed made me brownies and let me take a nap. I'm very blessed!

Of course, being Mother's Day I must mention my own sweet mother. She taught me so many things, mostly by example. I learned the definition of a good mother from her. When I grow up I hope to be just like her.





And for the past 7 1/2 years I've had another great example of motherhood, my second mom, my mother-in-law. She has accepted me as one of her own and I love her for that.


Happy Mother's Day to all you great moms!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the generation photo. Those are so precious.
(It also makes me think you might look just like them as you age). :)That's good as your grandma is really cute.

Jody Carson said...

I love your flowers! It sounds like you had an all around pleasant Mother's Day. I'm glad. The part about the girls eating "their" candy was quite funny......

Anonymous said...

Well I want to thank you for sharing your mother with me! I think she's absolutely amazing. She had to be to raise such great kids. :)

Grandma and Bonka said...

Your comments bring a tear to my eye. I love you.