Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

Our little ballerina



Keira started ballet classes last week. She loves everything about it! She loves her leotard and her tutu. She loves that I put a pretty pink hairband in her hair. She walked into the class and was a little shy, but Ms. Tara grabbed her hand and helped her dance around the room and from then on Keira followed her every command. Ms. Tara is now a rock star in our house. I love that Keira has something special that is all her own. Being the middle child has been a little hard on her.

Keira has actually changed a lot in the last couple of weeks. She seems more grown up, she seems more like a "girl" instead of a "toddler". She is trying harder to be nice to her sisters and to be obedient and helpful. She wasn't a complete terror before, but there is an obvious difference in her. It's been really nice to watch this change - mellowing is good. We love our sweet little ballerina!

7 comments:

Berly said...

I am glad she has found something fun. I feel the same way about Nicole. Poor little Nicole needs something, and as soon as her arm is better - we will figure it out.

TNIRYAN said...

Good thing you had a tutu for her from the get-go. I tried to take Rheanna at age four to her first class without a tutu because I hadn't had time to get one yet. She walked in and saw all the other girls wearing one and burst into tears. She had to be wheedled into participating. She did the same thing when I took her to her first soccer practice without cleats and shin guards. She doesn't do that anymore. (sigh) She grew up.

Anonymous said...

She looks like such a sweetie in that little pink dress.

Grandma and Bonka said...

Dancing was my life as a little girl. Still dancing today at Jazzercise. Still have my toe shoes, tights and leotard. Maybe Keira will play dress up in them some day.

Jody Carson said...

Keira looks SO beautiful! Isn't that interesting that Keira changed so much just because she is doing her own special thing now? Maybe that would work for me with Logan..........

Nancy said...

She looks adorable!

MaryAnn said...

Irene-
Actually, we had close to the same experience, but it was about the shoes. I have to order them online, so we walked in and 2 little girls started saying, "Ms. Tara! She can't be here, she doesn't have any dance shoes!" Keira looked slightly mortified and I tried my hardest not to glare at the little punks. No tears though...so I guess you win for bad dance experiences. :)