Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer beach days have begun!

This weekend marked our 2nd official excursion to the beach for 2008! Last weekend we took a quick trip to Araha Beach/Pirate Ship Park, but this weekend we ventured to someplace new. Our intent was to play on Ikeijima beach. We arrived at what we thought was the beach, steered clear of some very loud, swearing Americans, and enjoyed a couple hours of sun, sand and surf. Afterwards we realized we had stopped driving just a couple minutes too soon, but we didn't regret stopping where we did!

Krista isn't a big fan of the beach, as she so honestly tells you here. In fact, there was about 20 minutes of crying and whining once we got there...until I put her sandals back on. Suddenly she was just fine with all the sand. I don't get it, but whatever makes her happy.

We finished off the day at Khrua Thai. Who would have thought that the girl who nearly failed her college Asian Humanities class and who abhors rice would find Thai food and exploring Japan to be the perfect day? Oh, the irony.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

The sound isn't working on my computer, but the video looked cute. Jealous of the nice beach. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Boyd was saying something about you guys going through a big storm, so I was surprised to see a post about the beach. Is there currently a storm there?

TNIRYAN said...

So are you saying that you eat rice now? And, yes, I figured that Kimmee gave you night time troubles too.

Grandma and Bonka said...

What a wonderful childhood for the girls. Sand play and ocean swimming and sunshine.

MaryAnn said...

Rachel - we were supposed to get a big storm, but not much came of it (it was on Monday, after this).

Irene - no, I still don't eat much rice, although I've stifled my gag reflex to the point that I can swallow rice now. Doesn't that sound yummy.

Liz said...

I love taking the kids TO the beach; it's the whole clean up thing AFTER that makes it unappealing.

Jody Carson said...

Just like Nancy, I too am having problems with my computer. I can't get your video or Erin's video to work. All I see is a white square. I'm sorry.........

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that Junior isn't the only one that answers "no" to any and all questions. It is ironic you in Japan and eating Thai food. Man...your girls are just getting too big. Hopefully you will get to see mine more if I would quit slacking and update our website. Especially since we have tons to put on.