Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Beginning of the End


Kimberlee's last day of school was yesterday. Last week her class had a NON-graduation ceremony (DoDDS doesn't allow them) of singing and receiving certificates and eating ice cream. It was pretty cute - this was the one Japanese song they sang. Kimmee is between 2 adult heads on the left (in the pink shirt). I asked her what this song was talking about - she had no idea.


Kimmee loves school, so I've been dreading this summer. I've signed her up for a summer culture class and swim lessons to ease her pain, but of course those don't start until Monday. This morning, the first real day of summer vacation, started at 6:00 a.m. That is when the girls decided it began anyway. There was an excess of fighting, yelling, crying, and "I'm bored"s, all before 8:00 a.m. Of course I have a remedy for that - chores! Which didn't work either, so we did this instead:



There is now sand all over my house, but everyone is worn out and happy. Playing at the beach with good friends could apparently solve all our problems today. Now what do we do tomorrow?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...I got 1,2,3,4,5 and Hello, but that's about all I understood. I understand the bored, fighting, screaming all before 8 am. That's my kids too. Unfortunately we don't have anything cool like that to do. Just so you know...I updated my family site...finally. I love you tons.

Jody Carson said...

It's funny to me how much Kimmee's Kindergarten room looks JUST like Savannah and Dallin's does. Maybe it's a DoD thing.......... ;) Loved the song even if I had no idea what they were singing about. Groovy hand actions. Wow, going to the beach actually sounds good right now. Who could be bored at the beach? Yep, my kids are driving me nuts too........

Anonymous said...

Oh why oh why do they not have a support group for moms that routinely lose their minds over the summer? If we all donated $1, we would have a million dollars in the fund quick!

Mindy said...

If you're bored there just think of what Rexburg is like! Hazel got out of preschool and we ALL have been going nuts ever since.
It's nice you have the beach and other fun places you can go. It's fun to see them all sing. I love how, like primary, everyone seems to choose their own shrill note and it still is pretty.

Nancy said...

It was strange to hear the song, I'm so used to hearing Italian when I hear something different, this caught me off guard. It was really cute though! Love the beach pictures, Krista's hair is adorable, by the way. I signed Jaron up for swim lessons too. He can't quite tell me that he's bored yet, but he says "side" (outside) the moment he wakes up in the morning.

Sherrie Batty said...

Great pictures! That is one icy glare the little baby is receiving, obviously, she violated all sorts of rules. We have never taken our children to the beach, and yet Canyon asks me everyday if we are going... somehow he just knows it is a fun place to be.

TNIRYAN said...

Wow, Krista and Meriel have the same swimsuit. Rheanna picked it out for her. My kids don't learn Japanese at their school, they're more into Spanish here, obviously, but it's nice to see that swimsuit styles cross all cultural boundaries. It really IS a small world, after all!