1.7 kilometers of bridges, stairs (oh my goodness, were there stairs), banana spiders, ferns, creeks, rocks, other happy hikers, and shaky, achy legs.
I have to give a quick shout-out to my girls, Keira in particular. We go for walks almost every Sunday and Keira and Kimmee start whining about 5 minutes after we begin. They don't like walking. When we decided to do this I just assumed it would be a long day full of unhappy girls. Kimmee and Keira walked the whole way there and didn't complain even once! It was a strenuous hike for Ed and I, so I can't imagine what their little bodies were going through. Keira even made it most of the way back without whining and didn't have to be carried at all. I'm so proud of them!
5 comments:
That's great. Were the stairs as bad as the "killer stairs" at BYU? I'm glad the girls did well. Fun to have school start too. Lizzy absolutely loves going to school too. Anyways...love y'all.
It looks like it was well worth the hike, just beautiful! Good thing you got in shape with the stairs outside our apts. at BYU right?
How fun! Isn't it funny how the little ones can surprise us? I do not envy you those stairs that you had to climb. Going down would have been fun though......
Looks like a beautiful hike!
1.7 km? Look at you, going all metric on us. What's that in real distance?
I hope you know I'm joking, as an engineer I thoroughly wish we would use metric here. Anyhow, the hike looks gorgeous, that's awesome you guys have the opportunity to immerse yourselves in another culture while still having the fallback of plenty of American's around. Seems like an ideal situation.
Post a Comment