Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

August

Someone asked what we've been up to this month that has kept me from blogging. I don't have excuses of traveling or starting new jobs or having a baby like some of you. Really, it's just been a little of this, and a little of that.

Here's the THIS. Swim lessons took up a good chunk of our summer. Kimberlee is a fish and learned to swim, float, and dive this summer (the diving is documented below - what do you think of that form?). We'll work on treading water and she'll be ready for Level 4 next year. Keira begged to be in swim lessons as well....she's not as much of a water nut, but passed Level 1 once she finally put her whole head in the water. Kudos to her instructor, Josh, for getting her to that point.


This would be the THAT. Keira continued in ballet and Kimberlee finally got into gymnastics. After watching countless hours of gymnastics these last few weeks she has emphatically stated that it is much more fun to "do" than to "watch."


As mentioned, we've had our eye on China...the TV has been on 24/7...I'm a little addicted.


Ed has been playing and shopping in Korea, and Keira had some poo thrown in her hair by a large chimp at the zoo. Don't ask, that's really about as fun as that story gets.


And finally, we enjoyed a couple more of these. Okinawa sure has some beautiful sunsets.

School starts on Monday for Kimberlee (I love her and she loves me, but we are both more than ready for that), and preschool begins the following week for Keira. I know Krista is looking forward to the "only child" moments.

Last, but not least, we're planning a trip to Tokyo next month. Has anyone been? I'd love some tips!

10 comments:

Jody Carson said...

I can't believe HOW long my Keira's hair is! I had to make the sunset watching picture bigger just to make sure that was her! Wow! You have had a busy summer. Poor Keira and the monkey poo! I'm SO sorry! I'm sure that you get to see more of the Oympics because of your distance from China. Lucky bums! Good luck to Kimmee and Keira on their first days of school. I have mixed feelings about my kiddos going. It's good for them, but I will really miss them.

Grandma and Bonka said...

Wow, that's a lot of summer fun. The pool and gym look very nice and modern. Are they on base?

Grandma and Bonka said...

Wow, that's a lot of summer fun. The pool and gym look very nice and modern. Are they on base?

lori parkhurst said...

You are really getting busy as your kids get bigger. Some days I feel like I live in my car going to and from the activities that my kids are involved in!

Nancy said...

It's fun to hear your summer happenings. The pictures are great. Love the diving picture. Captures the moment well. Lots of Loves! Can't wait to come visit!!!

Mindy said...

What a great time! It's hard to take time to post when you're having so much fun...and busy. Seems to be my excuse too.

Shaulan said...

It's amazing how fast this summer has flown by. We've only been home for about two weeks now from our summer trip, and we are ALL ready for school to start. The kids are tired of playing with each other, and I'm certainly no fun. I will still miss the easy days of summer...it's always great to be home.

Sherrie Batty said...

Tell Kimberlee that she is definitely right... the crazier it looks the more fun it is. I wish I could still go to the gym... (hopefully with Scarlett). It is amazing how fast it all goes by.

Berly said...

The beach looks beautiful. Aren't you glad for those moments that make everything else seem less stressful.

Mary Peterson said...

Have fun in Tokyo! I'm glad that you are having a good time in Japan with your girls. I'm thankful that school has started for my boys!