Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

School has started once again. Kimberlee had a hard time going to bed the night before. She came down the stairs after her sisters were asleep and said, "I don't know how to go to sleep!" Just a little excited, I think.

My big first-grader.
All the girls were excited for Kimberlee (Keira was excited that I let her wear her new school clothes too).

In her classroom. This is the second day, so her clothes and hair are different (she's the one in the white shirt with the tan little legs). Kimberlee got into a program called Japanese Partial Immersion. It's a regular first grade class, with lots of extra Japanese and culture thrown in. I am super excited about this, and so far she seems to be enjoying it too. She is most looking forward to Bento days - they get to eat a traditional Japanese lunch once a month.
Keira met her preschool teachers and classmates today and is really excited to start next week!

10 comments:

Grandma and Bonka said...

What an incredible educational opportunity for you all. How lucky to live in Okinawa for a short while and have the girls learn so much in school and also hike and see so much beauty. I can't wait until Christmas. Bonka is riding his bike 45 minutes each way to school and I also ride my bike to school (only 15 minutes). We'll be in shape for the stairs!

Monique Jensen said...

Maryann I can't believe how big Kimberlee is! OH MY GOODNESS!!!
1st grade???? Love the opportunity that she has to have the Japanese immersion class. What an experience that will be.

CUTE little girls by the way--but then again look at who their mommy is! :-)

My kiddos--Janae is second grade and Benjamin (remember when he was born?) he's my big Kindergardener. And Daniel is my 3 year old starting preschool 3 days a week next week! It's fun to see how our families are all growing.

Liz said...

Wow, that sounds like a really neat school program that Kimberlee is doing. Can I join?

Nancy said...

They are so dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Kimmee, I remember being excited before school too. Don't worry, that'll wear off ;)

Yea for both of the girls in school. You're so grown up now!

Mindy said...

That is so cool that they have Japanese immersion. How fun! Your girls are so cute. Oh, the excitement of school!

Jody Carson said...

I can't believe HOW brown that girl is. I remember when she looked caucasion........ ;) Ah, life on a tropical Island..... Kimmee's class sounds like it will challenge her. Just what she needs. That girl is too smart. Watch, years from now she will be called to serve a mission in Japan! Wouldn't that be cool?

Mary Peterson said...

School in Japan sounds like fun!

Sue said...

You have such cute girls! I can't believe how old they are. They'll have some fun memories of Japan!

Boyd Family said...

Your girls look darling in their new school clothes. Joseph still talks about school at Kadena. I'm glad Kimmee is doing the Japanese Immersion. That is way cool.
I also LOVED the Hiji Falls pics. Isn't it beautiful up there? They need to build a really nice picnic spot up by the falls so you have somewhere to spread your stuff out once you get there! We miss you guys!! When are you coming to Altus?