Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ode to a Crockpot and a Day of Love



This is my crockpot...or I should say, was my crockpot. It was given to us by Ed's mother many years ago (we were obviously not the first owners), and shortly after it came to live with us we dropped the lid and broke it. We've been using a salad plate as a lid. It is all one piece, unlike slow cookers today, which makes it a bear to clean. Amazingly, this ancient piece still works like a charm. However, I am done working with it. My old roommate Karen has inspired me. She has started a blog detailing her goal to use her slow cooker every day for the next year. I am not that ambitious...however, I think using it once a week is a fairly worthy enterprise, specifically on Sundays when we have afternoon church and no time to prepare a nice dinner. So I have retired this crockpot and bought a nice new one. It will be going to the thrift store to continue it's legacy in someone else's home.


And in case anyone wanted to know, this is how I spent Valentine's Day:

Angie and I were both husbandless on this day of love, so we drowned our sorrows by eating Chili's To Go and rockin' out. Actually, Valentine's Day isn't really a big deal to either of us, but it was fun to have an excuse to get together anyway! Thanks for getting the girls and I addicted to Rock Band Angie!

One last tidbit: to prove our love for the Stokes family, Kimmee has decided to make them family.

That would be Kimmee marrying Corben. And no, that is not the boy she said she would marry last week. Fickle girl.

5 comments:

TNIRYAN said...

I'm sure that Kimmee is not being fickle so much as practical. She's just putting some "backups" on her list to allow for the ficklness of boys. SMART girl.

And Tim and I spent Valentine's Day playing Rock Band as well. We were at a party at a friends house. Rock Band--apparantly it's bringing the world together one poorly performed song at a time.

Nancy said...

Love it all! Great picture Kimmee!

Berly said...

Kaylee is the same. Her love changes daily and it makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

It's always good to have backups. Lizzy just gets stuck on one at a time. I guess that is good though. Sounds like V-day is just another day. We changed the oil in the cars...T made me do one by myself. He wanted to make sure I could do it when he's on a deployment. I said I could...that's what the dealerships are for...ha ha ha. What a romantic day. (Actually we had a graduation dinner the night before so we were all dressed up).

Lu said...

How fun that Ed was here at our house rockin out too! You should get it!